WIN News

It was from that affiliation disagreement in 2007 where Nine was threatening to cut WIN off so WIN started to go overboard with coverups on TODAY and removed Mornings with Kerri-Anne.

It was at 12pm Middays on WIN but it got moved to 1am in Perth and Adelaide later down the track…

The show was a borefest anyway.

2 Likes

They absolutely should - even if that means getting Ten in the cities to give WIN a pre-packaged segment, recorded after the news at 5. Or doing the reverse of NBN’s news windows, and have a window for a live national news segment in the middle of the otherwise pre-recorded bulletins.

The biggest problem with WIN News at 6 is that unlike Prime/Seven it isn’t followed by national news - it’s just straight into the project. You can’t tune in at 6 and get all the day’s news, you have to tune in from 5 - which no one does.

As I’ve mentioned previously, a huge weakness for WIN is just how bad the last moments of Ten News are - their absolutely terrible weather segment. At the very least the end of Ten News needs a headline recap.

4 Likes

Is it possible for WIN to air a statewide one hour news bulletin including local, national and international news from 5 to 6 in place of ten eyewitness news?

The Project is national news though. Just a different format.

Same headlines as 9 or 7, remove local city info (unless national interest), have less negative “generic” death news (ie: non news worthy… but someone dying rates), some positive news, and comedy…

Basically turn down some sensationalism and turn up some laughs.

Why wouldn’t WIN newsreaders just read into intos to ANS roll into Ten national packages (if they were going to have a few big state/national/international stories at 6)?

They are doing exactly this in Tasmania (however 5:30-6:30).

Yes, essentially every Ten station does it too - taking national Ten reports and rolling them into local bulletins.
Even the national weekend bulletin takes local reports and rolls them
Into national bulletin

[quote=“Willwalk, post:497, topic:214, full:true”]
Is it possible for WIN to air a statewide one hour news bulletin including local, national and international news from 5 to 6 in place of ten eyewitness news?
[/quote]Why? The whole discussion around WIN adding state/national/international to their bulletin is because not many people are watching at 5pm. Same reason reason that WIN Tasmania is starting at 5.30 instead of 5.

1 Like

So “WIN All Australian News” will still air at Midday & Midnight?

Assuming Dr Phil is moved and Alive and Cooking is accomodated?

No The Project encore?

No.

All Aussie News airs 7am and 11.30pm weekdays.

Project Encore is 12.30am weekdays

1 Like

Historically, what time do Win stations first air news updates during the day? After 12pm?

New supers.

10 Likes

But the logo look the same. Too similar to nine. WIN better change it to the ten news logo style.

2 Likes

At least it’s a bit more blue in line with Ten.

3 Likes

That’s a shame. Was hoping to see a new look. All they have done is swapped red for yellow.

I think the WIN NEWS logo would look better with Win In a circle like the ten logo.

And the LOCAL where EYEWITNESS appears

Would also have been nice if the backdrops had local skyline and Images - not clouds

4 Likes

Don’t get too disappointed just yet. They may be fooling you before a 6pm reveal…

1 Like

Well yeah, that update has Cool Hand Luke and the 9 News graphics still.

I don’t mind the supers, although the backdrop is a bit too blue for me. Local imagery would be preferred.

Thinking about it more, I think if WIN were to update their news logo along with changing the effects on the word WIN to be less 9 esque I would’ve made NEWS the same colour and font as the eyewitness one as well as an orange strap underneath with Your Local News’ where TEN have First at Five.

Previous link didnt work

2 Likes

Same differences for the Tasmanian bulletin although supers are a bit different with the addition of the time, sorry I didn’t get more pics and sorry they’re camera photos.

7 Likes