WIN News

@TVHead kind of agree

But show what at 630?

Edited down 9 news?

No, air the full Nine News bulletin on 30 minutes delay from 6:30pm - 7:30pm.

Given that WIN News has now confirmed a 6pm start time with TEN affiliation, I agree that they should just start at 6pm now to get people used to it,
There’ll be so many other changes that day to confuse the average viewer, so keeping the local news bulletin at the same time as it was the week before, etc. would be a good thing in my opinion.

1 Like

Agree - I would promote now and start your plan Monday.

1 Like

State of Origin Game 1 was the highest rated telecast for the year any any network. Game 2 will be the same. It’s on Weds June 22nd.

WIN needs to move WIN News to 6pm from Monday June 27th (5 days before the affliliation swap on July 1 and use the massive S.O.O. ratings on June 22 to promote the hell out of the move.

STARTING THIS MONDAY - WIN NEWS MOVES BACK TO IT’S ORIGINAL HOME: 6PM

THE BEST LOCAL NEWS, SPORT AND WEATHER FOR CANBERRA (insert region name and skyline shot) - NOW AN HOUR EARLIER

WITH THE BEST TEAM. THE BEST LOCAL KNOWLEDGE. AND UNPARRALLED COMMITMENT TO LOCAL NEWS FOR OVER TWO DECADES - NO ONE KNOWS CANBERRA LIKE WIN NEWS

MAKE THE SWITCH - TO WIN NEWS CANBERRA AT THE NEW TIME OF 6PM WEEKDAYS.

STARTING THIS MONDAY, RIGHT HERE ON WIN

Run those promos like crazy in the S.O.O. game, then all week up to the 27th.

Monday 27th - Thursday 30th sees this lineup

5.30pm Hot Seat
6pm WIN News
6.30pm 9 News

Friday July 1 sees it switch to Ten

It will be a massive waste if Win don’t use the SOO game to promote its news moving to 6

You don’t know the ins and outs of contracts with Nine etc - they may be binded by an agreement with Nine that 9 News runs at 6pm.

I doubt that very much. They’ve pulled ACA. Anode all programming to be allowed to be moved to allow for local news - I am pretty certain non relevant Sydney or Brisbane news would be the most likely candidate.

I thunk making any timeslot changes to WIN News before 1 July is only going to confuse the viewer even more.

Because viewers will have to adapt from seeing:

National News at 6, Local News at 7 (as is now)
to
Local News at 6, National News at 6:30
THEN
National News at 5, Local News at 6 (from 1 July).

The middle one is unnecessary particularly when it’s only going to be for 1-3 weeks at most. Beryl and Cecil from Ayr near Townsville would be in a pickle in that scenario!

I would just do it at once on 1 July, so it’s still National followed by Local, but both being an hour earlier with TEN (compared to now).

4 Likes

I was a little surprise in one way but not in another that they did not opt for “WIN Eyewitness Local News” all something similar as Southern Cross did back in the mid 90s

1 Like

Really? You’re surprised they didn’t call it WIN Eyewitness Local News? :head_bandage:

1 Like

It’s going to be a bit hard for WIN to be a truly “Eyewitness Local News” when many of their local bulletins will probably be pre-recorded at 2 or 3 in the afternoon…

2 Likes

Well we use to get Southern Cross Eyewitness News: :smirk:

That was when SCN chose not to relay Ten’s 5pm news from Melbourne and instead had its own “national” news bulletin as a half-hour at 6.30, hence why adopting the name Southern Cross Eyewitness News.

The local half-hour 6pm bulletins in Bendigo and Gippsland were still just SCN Local News. or Southern Cross Network News

Canberra and Queensland had 6pm local Eyewitness News too.

2 Likes

I am aware of all that. However, you still need to think from WIN’s point of view. And it is still blindingly obvious that they are not going to call it WIN Local Eyewitness News.

Keep it as WIN News, having something like ‘WIN Local Eyewitness News’ will only confuse viewers.

6 Likes

I agree there keep it as is no confusion then that’s why they will keep ten name in ten eyewitness news like they do with 9 news

Pretty sure it’s called WIN National News and the National News ?

I heard it would be WIN Eyewitness News First at Six :grinning:

6 Likes

na its called Win Local new and 9 National news

Given how OTT WIN usually are with covering up Nine logos.

It was odd watching WIN News tonight and seeing the 9HD watermark on a story about the State of Origin.