WIN News

through chromecast to my tv via freeview tv app

2 Likes

ok then i guess i was wrong with the watermark and programming and i do agree with you win news is stale and after watching it on and off i have seen stories inserted in the bulletin where they try and make seem like its local but its not and i know people who are in the media have said the same thing that win cheekily sneaks stories in calming its local when its not and i do believe bruce will have a struggle on his hands when the affiliation agreement expires . coz im sure 9 wouldst want him back esp after what i heard so either he goes it alone or stays with 10 and like you said the rest is on 10 to get out of 3rd and 4th place

(1) as Jason_Ferguson mentioned, through Chromecast via the Freeview FV app
(2) via the Tenplay app
(3) some parts of Ballarat can receive Melbourne channels from the Mt Dandenong transmitter, most houses still have this setup.
These ways allow you to watch Ten network programmes in Ballarat without enduring mappy. Same in Newcastle and WIN’s hometown of Wollongong (substitute Melbourne for Sydney for step 3).

3 Likes

yep we can when i go to work i see the very big huge antennas facing mt dandenong

1 Like

(4) if you have a VAST caravan setup you can watch Ten Central which isn’t WIN and has 10 watermarks and promos.

Is the picture quality on the Tenplay app HD quality?

I think that carries TEN Sydney news on the ‘South’ feed that Victorian viewers receive?

2 Likes

WIN News’ current ratings figures in the Illawarra region are contained on the following link.

2 Likes

I did watch one of the reports from Prime and it seems that the politicians are the ones mostly complaining… if it’s such an issue, why don’t they ask ABC to launch regional bulletins instead of threatening to pull advertising as it just makes WIN worse off. :thinking:

2 Likes
4 Likes

I think conservatives would keel over before asking the “leftist propaganda” ABC to make their local news :joy:

3 Likes

ABC News had a report last night. I don’t think WIN have ever had a microphone flag with the circle logo, so ABC may have made up that photo:

8 Likes

3680890-3x2-340x227

Looks the exact same as this picture used on 9 News Darwin cuts article on the ABC in 2017.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-11/nine-news-darwin-to-lose-local-bulletin-and-staff-in-cuts/8697370

11 Likes

Not the only problem with that report:

“Once affiliated with the Nine Network, WIN Television switched to Channel Ten programming in 2017”

Last I checked, the affiliation swap actually happened in July 2016.

2 Likes

Not only that, but an outdated (2009-2012) Nine ident is shown around 1:20. Also, some ancient SC10-era Southern Cross News update footage and the “Always On” (pre-2018) ident being shown when mentioning “other regional networks are struggling”.

no, on the south feed Imparja carries Nine News Sydney, SCTV 7 Central carries Seven News Melbourne and 10 Central carries Ten News Melbourne. On the north feed all three networks carry Brisbane news.

4 Likes

The Radioinfo report posted by TV-Expert has a similar view.

One reason Channel 9 switched allegiences, according to one insider, was that WIN did not want to invest in new platforms or try new ways of gathering and disseminating news content via social media. The network has only recently, belatedly begun disseminating sponsored news content on social media, but it seems to have come too little and too late for the axed newsrooms.

6 Likes

Here’s an idea…

4 Likes

I agree. One format they could have tried was instead of the just airing the old noodle updates, maybe air a news report on a current issue in an “ad” break relevant to that region - 1 reporter and cameraman/woman keeping their job is better than none. Use some stories as fillers instead of Studio 10 exerts and produce a half hour (or hour) weekly news show like SCA did with State Focus… Perhaps a more sensible axing would be AAN as in the next few years, they might as well screen WIN News Canberra and Wollongong back to back as most likely no other region will have “local” news

2 Likes

Didnt ABC at some point produce local news?