WIN News

Codeword promos:

1 Like

I was wondering if it is a Marketing tool or a Research tool on where the most viewers are watching Win News?

1 Like

Surely it would be Bermuda?

Sunshine Coast journalist Hayley Francis is now the weather presenter for Queensland.

Super for Beef Australia 2018 from the Central Queensland bulletin.

3 Likes

Since WIN retreated almost all operations to Wollongong, seems that she’ll travel kilometres from her reporting base.

New promo for Queensland/Lincoln Humphries

1 Like

The opening shot looks great, not a bad promo at all.

I recently came across some old Canberra footage that was on a second hand PVR that I bought:

4 Likes

Where’s Corinne May going to?

That looks like it could be another Media Spyers PVR!

I hadn’t seen WIN make a claim of 300 local news stories per day before (even though that was 4 years ago now).

Which is approx 17 news items per market (18) per night.

Would that be true?

NBN by comparison in most markets wouldn’t do even half that number.

The original recorder probably only did it for the programs and fast forwarded over the ad breaks & promos (like most people I suppose), you’d have to have a real interest in this sort of thing to salvage old News Promos! :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if WIN even had 18 local bulletins on-air back in mid-2014. Taking into consideration the 15 that are on air now + Mackay & Mildura (axed in May 2015), there would’ve only been 17 local bulletins unless they’re including WIN’s All Australian News! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Someone set a series recording for Masterchef and The Voice every night. There were about 10 recordings of The Voice and 40(!) of Masterchef.

4 Likes

@RegionalTV If this is true, then WHY did it take so long for them to implement it?!

1 Like

Well this is WIN we’re talking about. They had that 2006 opener for years - til 2012 I think?

2 Likes

Yes, I believe WIN News got rid of their 2006 graphics in 2012/13 (some regions changed over later than others). And of course the same production music track has been used for the closers of WIN News since the 2001 graphics relaunch! :open_mouth:

1 Like

“Them” is just one person, Bruce Gordon. That answers your question.

So Sky News will be getting a dedicated channel on WIN! Missed out on Ten so straight to WIN. This could be disastrous for WIN News.

Nighttime Illawarra Opener:

9 Likes

Sky News on WIN report:

4 Likes

‘WIN’s unrivaled history in local news’ - In what ways? Unrivaled in being behind the time in producing local news?

‘Premium Content from Australian news channel Sky News’ - Unless if you’re TV/media diet is full of right-wing propaganda it’s just trash.

Overall what’s the f**king point?

5 Likes