WIN News

Im shocked i correctly guessed that there was going to be a relaunch

9 Likes

Sorry about the quality. Don’t have capture equipment atm. Still using the old theme. Not a fan of the key. Just another generic backdrop. Hopefully something more localised at 6pm.

5 Likes

What the hell, something that actually looks half decent from WIN.

3 Likes

From the very little I’ve seen so far, the refreshed WIN News graphics certainly look like they’ve been improved considerably compared to what they had before.

However, I’ll wait and see what things are like during the actual bulletins (when we’ll get to see more elements of the On-Air Presentation) before delivering the final verdict.

1 Like

I don’t get the generic national Australia map - when it’s mean to be local news.
Why not localised backdrops?

3 Likes

Ugh this would be the perfect opportunity to use a new theme!

1 Like

You can direct that question to most of the regional news services in this country!

As for the reason why…as sad as this one is, probably because it’s too easy for local backdrops to be used in the wrong regions (as proven when Nine News Illawarra once accidentally used the Canberra backdrop, etc.) and a generic backdrop is harder to stuff up! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Holy s***!

2 Likes

If only they’d change the red stripe to orange, then it would be acceptably close to the colours that Tens package uses.

An improvement is an improvement nonetheless.

6 Likes

Again quality isn’t the best. Wonder if the bulletins will be in HD tonight? The updates have been for months.

7 Likes
5 Likes

Nine has shown localised backdrops don’t always mean better.

1 Like

No TODAY relaunch but a WIN NEWS relaunch today, how exciting!

11 Likes

9 Likes
5 Likes

I reckon that Lincoln is ripe for poaching by a metro network :sunglasses:

13 Likes

Not bad at all, I definitely think it’s a missed opportunity not to use orange for the strap under the WIN NEWS logo instead of red and to update the theme music to create a somewhat coherent look between Ten & Win’s news presentation.

1 Like

He was with Nine in Darwin for ~7 months in 2014. He left WIN Sunshine Coast in December 2013 as a journo/backup presenter, however when Paul Murphy resigned he returned to take over the role of sports presenter alongside Natassia Apolloni. He is definitely good talent. Will be a big loss for WIN when that day comes.

2 Likes

Here’s an update from Shepparton - very similar to the others above, but just to add to the mix.

8 Likes

9 Likes