WIN News

For some reason, WIN News seems to use a watermark for the video of reports it posts on Facebook and a solid brickmark on TV. Exactly how that logic works is anyone’s guess.

7 Likes

ohh, but then why do some online videos still use that solid box??

i watched WIn news Ballarat dunno what bruce roberts was talking about after the weather lol saying switch to Shepparton instead of ending the news lol

sorry?

1 Like

It’s ok. Just don’t do it again.

1 Like

I think this is what he was (trying) to refer to:

2 Likes

“Use Shepparton’s [footage] because they had those pretty pictures of the garden, that could be anywhere.”

Ahh, good old mass-produced local news.

6 Likes
2 Likes

Guys, if you live in the region watch WIN News Border Nth East, Tanya Dendrinos emailed me a told me she would use one of my photos I sent in for the weather!

2 Likes

I actually tweeted Bruce Roberts and i told him and yes he actually replied
and he said the Stuido Director had pressed record instead of stop lol
so they got a rap on the knuckles and a new system put in place to stop it from
Happening again :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Haha. Bruce seems pretty cool.

1 Like

sure is suprised he replies and he messaged me just before win news shows they do reply

1 Like

Sandra Sully doing WIN News tweets?
Huh, something different.

3 Likes

She often retweets things but for some reason it actually reposts things directly from her account.

Charles Wooley writing about Lisa Wilkinson leaving Today, implying that the local newsreaders in Tasmania are nobodies and work for peanuts. At WIN News that is probably true. :smiley:

1 Like

He has a point, the pay is pretty dismal. I know someone who used to work for them, and let’s say the rate was only a smidge over peanuts lol. :grin:

We have John from Play School (I’m pretty sure he still lives in Hobart) and did have Rebecca Gibney for a while but yeah, not much star spotting!

Can’t imagine there would be much pay for them, Southern Cross I would imagine might pay a bit more but even then I’m thinking it’ll be a long time before there’s any millionaires. I reckon Peter Murphy would have been one working for the beer and ham sandwich early on, I know he’s got a full time job outside of the media.

1 Like

Recent Sunshine Coast news promo

3 Likes

Eh. Nothing special. There’s no energy in the promo and everything feels dull and flat.

1 Like

why is each news different, my news puts our weather presenter on the opposite side of the screen, actually this setup looks better because the orange behind the screen makes it feel like someone is meant to stand there