WIN News

and now to…

WIN produce one AAN for the whole country

1 Like

I’ve wondered that myself.

Also, I really do hope they launch a Northern NSW news service, even it’s just in the Hunter. Novacastrians do deserve a choice other than NBN News/Nine News/Whatever they’re calling themselves today. It’s 2017, not 1962. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Newcastle Noodle Updates:

Geoff mentions All Australian News coming up in this one:

A series of updates with one headline only:

7 Likes

No question of that - and indeed the level of info in Prime’s news tweet is within NSW ambulance service guidelines.

My point was more around about whether this incident is gossip or news. My second ever broadcasting job was at 2GN in Goulburn and we heard of lots of incidents in the jail. The receptionist’s husband was a guard there. We covered very few of these incidents as they just weren’t deemed as newsworthy.

The news part (for me at least, as we can each only impart information from our own perspective in a forum such as this) would be the response from prison management or whether this incident was symptomatic of larger problems within the facility.

As a practical example, there was a riot in Goulburn jail during my time at 2GN and we covered that extensively. This was an indication of management failure - rather than one of the many physical altercations that happen in a jail of that size.

1 Like

I think in this instance it would have been covered because of the serious nature of the incident.

From my recollection the inmate suffered stab wounds to the chest and was in a serious condition.

But I take your point, these types of incidents are determined on a case to case basis.

Canberra montages:

4 Likes

Illawarra and Canberra montages from last night:

Illawarra promos:

6 Likes

WIN News cameraman hit in face in Toowoomba following man just released on bail - good save by cameraman

Vision from camera

6 Likes

Maybe the assailant wasn’t a fan of mappy? :wink:

2 Likes

Tell this to your boss!

At least they got a good shot of his face!

1 Like

???

Following someone down the street is always going to be prone to get some push back now & then.

The WIN News Illawarra bulletin was compiled incorrectly tonight. Instead of an intro to sport at 6:16pm, an outro and throw to weather presenter was played. Fairly sure it wasn’t intended for the Illawarra market because I didn’t recognise the location behind the presenter. Another outro and throw to weather was played after sport with a recognisable Wollongong landmark used. It seems the throw to the sport segment went missing in the system.

5 Likes

Illawarra is all pre-recorded then?

All Australian montage:

2 Likes

Gee Geoff Phillips looks haggard. Time for him to go, surely.

2 Likes

Bruce wouldn’t like that sort of suggestion…that an old haggard should retire!

1 Like

Poor fella has to do a lot more bulletins than when he started out at WIN.

have you noticed this with WIN news canberra? their logo doesn’t have that white box. What I am wondering is a) why are there two different logos, eg. my news for Albury has the white box, but this has the logo like 9 news/7 news. and b) why don’t they just use this logo???
and when the names of people come up, as shown, it just has a lighter blue around the win news logo, there isn’t even such thing as that white box in canberra’s news.

1 Like

That’s the online watermark?

1 Like