WIN News

The journalist first tweeted about it over seven hours ago and it was re-teweeted by Prime7 Canberra News then… https://twitter.com/PRIME7CanNews

@CTC7-9-10

Even Prime7’s noodle updates have local social media accounts.

Surely it would be easier to have local accounts versus a market-wide account?

Perhaps Bruce is going to use his investment in Prime as leverage if CBS tried to force him to re-negotiate terms, perhaps do short term agreements like was done with Nine in the end and when the 7-Prime affiliation agreement is about to end. He jumped to a 7 affiliation in SA around 10 years ago when he had a disagreement with Nine over program supply fees.

Also if he is a major shareholder, he could try and force Prime to take on the Ten affiliation. He wouldn’t consider what the consequences could be if people in regional areas got sick of all the affiliation jumping that would be going on. I think some people would just turn to Nine/NBN/SCA if that happened

These are just thoughts.

I agree, but it doesn’t stop Prime7 Gold Coast from airing Seven News Sydney.

Apparently, Prime7 isn’t permitted (by Seven) to show their Brisbane bulletin on the Gold Coast.

1 Like

Weird. Back in 2013 SC10 used to show Ten News Sydney. I think they changed over to Brisbane’s bulletin on the first night Eyewitness News was Brought back - 16.9.2013.

1 Like

IMG_1772

10 Likes

Just dawned on me the time stamp would be local to me, so that explains why it says 11pm.

Still a little gossipy to be quoting “paramedics” without attribution.

tweet

Damn Autocorrect! :joy:

1 Like

Isn’t he the 7 Local News presenter in QLD?? He is also the brother of politican Mal Brough

Well I presume they would have spoken to paramedics to confirm those details?

Last time I checked they were a credible source.

WIN News Illawarra Sports reporter and occasional fill-in Sports Presenter (well, I saw him fill in for Amy Duggan a couple of times last October anyway) Jared Constable is leaving the regional network for Fox Sports News.

Or he tuned in to their radio frequency.

I take it you have spoken to paramedics before to substantiate a story? I would be surprised if they divulged much information to you as anything that assists in the identification of an individual violates patient confidentiality.

1 Like

I watched about 10 mins of WIN’s All Australian News. The presentation is typical WIN dull. Grouping the stories together by state or region might help give the program some structure rather than seemingly random stories with no logical order. They certainly are not presented in order of importance.

5 Likes

I deal with paramedics on a fairly regular basis and the information contained in that tweet is what I would suggest they would fairly regularly give out.

It depends on what state/territory you are in. But in general terms, yes.

Some more noodle updates from last week:

6 Likes

That “Presenting your WIN Local News update, I’m [name]” just sounds so stale. Geoff’s greeting then jump into the news flows much better, and makes it seem like a regular newsbreak that accompanies a bulletin. Even something like

Good [morning/afternoon/evening] I’m [presenter name]…

Brace for all the comments of “But the whole update is stale”, “Noodle updates are rubbish”, “They don’t care” and so on, but there are small changes that could be made irrespective of the update format that will polish it up a bit. I do like the inclusion of news footage though, a step up from SCA’s updates.

6 Likes

Ultimately, news needs to be relevant to the market it serves. Does WIN produce one All Australian News for the whole country or are some stories traded out for others depending on the state eg is there a NSW edition that favours NSW stories? and a Vic edition that favours Victorian content?

Could it be possible that in the areas that are not served by a traditional half hour bulletin that they insert relevant local content into WIN All Australian News to supplement noodle updates? Even if they have 1 or 2 stories a day or is it wishful thinking?

Knowing WIN, I think we can safely assume that they only produce a single version of AAN.

1 Like

From what I’ve seen, the WIN News Northern NSW/Gold Coast updates are a very slight improvement (if only for the inclusion of actual news footage) over the product that SCA used to air on NRN.

But overall, it’s still not particularly riveting television - like the rest of WIN News I suppose!

2 Likes