WIN News

With WIN NewsTasmania getting a 30 Minute Head Start over Southern Cross, Seven News in Adelaide & Perth could follow suit and air an One Hour Bulletin at 5:30.

Please explain to me how these two things involving completely different stations in completely different markets are related. I’m dying to know how you’ve made that correlation.

11 Likes

Lachlan made a promo too.

4 Likes

weed.

2 Likes

That’s actually been going on for a while, especially in the local newspaper advertising. I doubt it’s working though

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: WIN Television

I Think We Would All Like To Know actually.

4 Likes

Make the switch has been their catch cry for ages. Someone in a post earlier suggested SCTV should be angry with them for using it… Not sure why as SC have never used that slogan here in Tas. People need to take a breath before posting on here as there is so much confusion with this whole channel switch. Everyone on here knows what’s going on tomorrow night… Why do you all keep questioning it???

2 Likes

Can you believe that made it to #11 on the Hottest 100? I can.

1 Like

Illawara Mercury says this in their story

He said he was anticipating further cooperation between Ten’s news and the WIN broadcasts, with regional and metropolitan newsrooms sharing content.

“We’re introducing Ten to regional Australia like it’s never been before,” he said.
http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/3998229/not-upheaval-its-change/?cs=300

1 Like

Ten will sure take WINs vision and perhaps use WINs reporters when news breaks in WIN broadcast areas of national significance.

But how will WIN make use of Ten’s news content?

WIN News is 30 minutes and 100% local.

Unless they are planning on including a few national stories from Ten in the 6pm news (not a bad idea)

Do we know which airing of All Australian News is the first run play? 7am or 11.30pm?

Not sure I agree with the 11.30pm airing. I think The Project second run would rate higher

And I’m really hoping All Aussie News has a clock, weather flipper for dozens of WIN cities and a national news ticker… And eventually morphs into a live morning news show

I think the economics are there for an audience of 6 million or so across the WIN stations

1 Like

Yeah I think that’s a great idea, a regionally focused morning show would be a nice change for country audiences.

1 Like

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:468, topic:214, full:true”]Since when has WIN News Tasmania used “Make The Switch” as a slogan? I’m surprised that Southern Cross News hasn’t complained about that one yet! :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]For quite some time now actually. Has been used in their newspaper promos also. And Southern Cross wouldn’t give two hoots if they are promoting their news that way. They’ve never promoted their news in such a way before. Types of slogans they’ve run with have been ones such as “Your local news, first at 6 every day” and “Everywhere”.

Mainly in the Tasmania bulletin, which is 60 minutes of local, national and world news.
But other things they could share include file footage, reports of local/licence area significance that are also of state significance (therefore in the TEN bulletin), news leads etc.
There would also be scope for AAN to pick up some more in-depth report type stories.

2 Likes

WIN Tasmania will make use of Ten’s news content in the same way they have used Nine’s material, it will be included and weighted to the strength of content. If a Tasmanian story is the strongest then it will lead, likewise for national and international content. Ten will also take Tasmanian content from WIN when appropriate, something Nine rarely did.

I don’t know about 6 million being a sustainable market for a WIN news program considering the breakfast market is much smaller than prime time and for those viewers there are three well-entrenched national shows on at that time as well. I know WIN will have been used to having eyeballs watching at that time of day, but pretty much every timeslot 24/7 is going to take a hit, and I’m not sure a cheap compilation of day-old regional news stories with a news ticker is going to cut it against the competition of national breakfast shows.

5 Likes

It’d be interesting in the cities too. Certainly no need for 3 similar city based programs. But I don’t think you get it from revamping All Australian News.

(I’d suggested that Studio10 should be run 6:30-9am in WA to give WIN a morning program, but a genuine regional show would be better).

Do we expect Win News to modify their graphics tomorrow since they are based off Nine News?

2 Likes

You would think so.

1 Like