WIN News

@Nick

Thanks for all that.

So is WIN doing 12 minutes of local news a day in all 5 local markets in NNSW?

The updates I’ve seen are 30-60 seconds each.

So to hit 12 minutes they have to run 12-24 updates a day? Is that happening?

Is it? I’ve only ever seen news channel bulletins on ABCA

1 Like

Yes it is, not sure about what time it’s shown

2 Likes

Really? The TV Guide suggests it’s all bulletins from the news channel http://www.abcaustralia.net.au/tvguide

(Mods, happy to move this elsewhere)

3 Likes

I saw that “only local news” promo run in Townsville as well. Completely wrong as we have 7 Local News

4 Likes

Re the discussion from @TheMoreYouKnow, @JasonF and others in the Prime7 News thread about WIN: I could potentially see a point in the future where WIN News scales back their operations to just producing full local bulletins in their “home” markets of the Illawarra/South Coast, Western Victoria, Goulburn Valley, Darling Downs, Central Queensland & Tasmania.

Not at the moment they don’t. Haven’t you heard about how Nine have suspended their regional bulletins?

1 Like

I was referring in general “over the last couple of years”

It appears that there was no WIN News Canberra tonight (because of the ACT public holiday?). Turned over to watch The Project to see Tim Bailey finishing his weather report just before 6:30pm.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about that.

5 Likes

Going by Twitter, the Illawarra edition of WIN News still went to air tonight.

:thinking:

3 Likes

Looking at their Facebook & Twitter page, there is no local story from today being posted there, with the only two posts made today on its Facebook page being sourced from WIN News Illawarra.

Perhaps the Canberra bulletin has quietly being axed, as was rumoured a few weeks back? :frowning:

I hope I’m wrong, because with the local Nine News bulletin currently suspended, that would be very bad for local TV news coverage in Australia’s national capital, which has gone through several axings over the last 30 years.

4 Likes

The tv schedule shows WIN News back tomorrow night.

1 Like

The yourtv guide and EPG both had WIN News Canberra in the schedule for today.

1 Like

Public Holiday in the ACT today, so that’s probably why there wasn’t a bulletin

1 Like

Here’s WIN TV Guide’s website set to Canberra from today for posterity.

3 Likes

A pity they didn’t change the EPG (on my Fetch it still had WIN News) or the online guides.

2 Likes

Just checked my recordings and found the Illawarra bulletin went to air as normal tonight with Bruce Roberts back in the chair after a couple of weeks off. Lots of ANZAC Day coverage from across the region. Pretty poor of WIN not to bother with an ANZAC bulletin for the ACT considering Canberra is home to Australia’s national memorial to those who have served. Perhaps they’ll include that “fresh” news in tomorrow night’s bulletin.

6 Likes

Launceston journo Rebecca Morris on Twitter:

1 Like

Some daily online promos from WIN’s Sunshine Coast News. Seems they started late last week. Really good to see the effort. From today:

2 Likes

Gee, I wonder where they got that idea from.

2 Likes