WIN News

Weekend Tasmania news:

5 Likes

Thanks for doubling their viewership!

4 Likes

Definitely interesting that they have kept up a local weekend bulletin when Ten don’t bother doing it. Must be enough people still watching to justify it.

4 Likes

When WIN Tasmania axed its weekend bulletin temporarily, Southern Cross had a field day, especially when they produced a promo comparing the ratings of both weekend bulletins

6 Likes

Is the weekend bulletin a local affair or a composite local/national bulletin?

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2018 North Korea-United States summit

On Weekends it is composite and it airs at 5:30pm.

They don’t take the national weekend news bulletin. At 5pm they show something like Family Feud or Fishing Australia before WIN News at 5:30pm.

When the Nine/Ten switch over first occurred, they tried composite hour bulletin on weekdays 5.30pm - 6.30pm, before going to a local bulletin at 6pm and Ten News Melbourne at 5pm.

During this time the weekend bulletin was still composite half hour at 5:30pm.

1 Like

WIN should just do a composite half hour at 6pm.

1 Like

Makes sense ??

Tasmania caps:

2 Likes

That 2 way box cap is terrible, they should really change the sizing of the boxes so they don’t look so zoomed out.

8 Likes

That $45 of $270m for the Northern Prison is going to make a huge difference!

2 Likes

Geoff Phillips 30 Years at WIN:

8 Likes

A very well done closer! The last few years, Geoff seemed like a dead personality on screen, but I’m glad he had a fun side!

4 Likes

I really don’t understand all the love for Geoff Phillips…
from what I’ve seen of him, he comes across so plain and boring. I couldn’t stand to watch him for a full news bulletin.

6 Likes

Ray Dineen from NBN News was always much better.

2 Likes

I think he thinks he’s Wollongong’s Brian Henderson. He’s not.

3 Likes

Surely Bruce Roberts is better in terms of presenting then Geoff Phillips.

3 Likes

Surely this is a network driven event to drum up interest in the bulletin, and draw attention to the fact that they have so much experience compared to Nine Local News.

2 Likes

I’m sure Geoff Phillips is a top bloke away from the cameras. But from what I’ve seen over the years, his reading style is a bit over-cheery (not quite Belinda Russell levels mind you, but still…) even for local/regional news standards.

Off topic, but Ray and Mike were definitely the “Hendo & Kenny” (ie, the best news/sports presenters the market has ever seen) of Newcastle/Northern NSW! :slight_smile:

Probably.

It’d be rather interesting to see how WIN News is rating in the Illawarra market these days, almost two years after the affiliation switch and about 17 months after the launch of Nine News Illawarra.

2 Likes