WIN News

Exclusive

1 Like

WIN’s Central Queensland sports journalist Tim Klingner was in Mackay over the weekend covering the WBBL matches played at Harrup Park. I’m surprised they bothered sending anyone up to cover the games, it’s a 7.5 hour round trip for something that has little significance to the local region where the bulletin airs.

2 Likes

It will probably appear on the “All Australian News” too.

A good example of this is was the local production of ‘The Love Shack’ in Tasmania on WIN. This programme displaced the 5.30pm Saturday programme and ran for 6 weeks. It was the # one programme for it’s timeslot in Hobart for the duration.

2 Likes

Riverina montage:

4 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: TV History

Maybe the reason for a second series not coming to fruition could be because it used Bec and George from The Block - perhaps there are contractual issues with using them (or possibly other former Block contestants) and the show might not perform as well with lesser known celebrities and given the animosity between Ten’s new owners (CBS) and WIN TV owner, Bruce Gordon, it is unlikely (contractual issues aside) that they could get someone like Barry Du Bois to host it.

I think they started filming this originally before Nine announced they were dumping WIN for SCA - perhaps that is a factor as to why there hasn’t been a second season

1 Like

Canberra Special Report promo - for some reason uses an old end board that hasn’t been used for a while (and now out of date):

3 Likes

Promote a presenter who no longer presents for this region. Seems legit.

1 Like

That’s minor compared to the way out-of-date title cards…

1 Like

Tanya Dendrinos presenting weather in Central Queensland tonight. Going by the various Facebook pages she also presented Victoria and SNSW weather reports as per usual. Assuming she did all of QLD that’s 15 bulletins in one day. Good effort.

2 Likes

Canberra Bushfires report from yesterday:

1 Like

I can (sort of) understand WIN blurring out the Nine watermark from the footage used, but to blur out their own watermark?

No cause for alarm but win news has changed there profile picture and timeline photos with a small update the glass looking things are gone on the sides now replaced with something looking like the globe seen in promos

Seems that only the southern states at this stage have received the new look social media graphics, looks softer than the previous version but rather pointless when they can’t change their basic on air presentation package to be less like their former affiliate.

Examples:
19961376_1599210266832775_8862996227461068628_n

1 Like

Now it looks more like Nine! I do wonder though why all this effort, hopefully we see new sets & graphics really soon!

1 Like

I’m still not getting why everyone is expecting a new look for WIN News, yes, they have changed affiliations but they’ve changed to a less well known/respected news brand. They also changed because they had to, they wanted to keep the Nine affiliation.
So, looking at it from WIN’s point of view - if Nine aren’t issuing a cease and desist, WIN can continue to make theirs appear like it used to - familiarity will keep the viewers and make them less likely to change and keeping it appear similar to Nine News too where it’s a more trusted brand. WIN are doing the business thing here to try and keep the bulletins going. Why change it all and risk losing all the remaining viewers just to keep a few MediaSpy people who notice every little detail and similarity happy when the average viewer won’t care/notice on a conscious level.

5 Likes

been looking through other win news fb pages and on some the location on the coverphotos is different to the previous these are just changes to the social media graphics I don’t think we will ever see graphics changes to win news unless they want to refresh

I take your point, but why did they even bother updating their supers package with the affiliation change? Why are they updating their social media graphics again? Why did they refresh their logo to look less like Nine’s?? I doubt this has much to do with trying to retain what viewers (they don’t seem very good at doing that) are left and more to do with if it ain’t broke don’t fix it / general inconsistencies seen right across their network.

1 Like