Wide World of Sports (formerly Sports Sunday)

James Bracey is the new host and Erin will replace him on the Sunday Footy Show.

4 Likes

No mention of Emma Freedman on the show at all today, thought it might have been nice for James Bracey to at least acknowledge the fact she’d moved on. He wasn’t introduced as the new host either which I found a little strange!

1 Like

I think this is a good promotion for James Bracey (to be host of Sports Sunday). He fitted into this role pretty good this morning.

Just a shame that he is no longer part of the NRL Sunday Footy Show, which will follow Sports Sunday from next Sunday onwards

1 Like

Different desk today. Very tight fit for the panelists.

They should congratulate and talk to Slater about his move to Seven for their cricket coverage.

Absolutely not.

1 Like

No Slats on the show this morning, Mark Taylor is on the panel instead.

1 Like

Liz Ellis is hosting for the next few weeks.

2 Likes

I noticed in the show’s opening titles this morning that Michael Slater’s commentary snippet on the Nathan Lyon wicket has been replaced with a Bill Lawry commentary snippet. Seems the ties from Slats to Nine have been cut!

1 Like

Sports Sunday back for its first show of the year this morning.

2 Likes

Yuck, what did they do to the set?

1 Like

Agree, it used to look so good. The graphic on the front of the desk is pretty awful too.

2 Likes

Sports Sunday not on today for some reason

Extended Today until 11am

1 Like

Such a shame.

Why extend Today until 11am, and cut Sports Sunday completely? Anyone know the reasoning of this? I was looking for my sports fix (on Sports Sunday).

1 Like
1 Like

Yeah I had to settle for Offsiders. At least the AFL Sunday Footy Show is still on.

3 Likes

Todd Woodbridge will host the show next week with James Bracey away in Brisbane for the NRL Magic Round.

Sports Sunday now airs at 12pm in Victoria with The Sunday Footy Show now airing at 10am.

1 Like