Wide World of Sports (formerly Sports Sunday)

Agree, it used to look so good. The graphic on the front of the desk is pretty awful too.

2 Likes

Sports Sunday not on today for some reason

Extended Today until 11am

1 Like

Such a shame.

Why extend Today until 11am, and cut Sports Sunday completely? Anyone know the reasoning of this? I was looking for my sports fix (on Sports Sunday).

1 Like
1 Like

Yeah I had to settle for Offsiders. At least the AFL Sunday Footy Show is still on.

3 Likes

Todd Woodbridge will host the show next week with James Bracey away in Brisbane for the NRL Magic Round.

Sports Sunday now airs at 12pm in Victoria with The Sunday Footy Show now airing at 10am.

1 Like

Good to see Todd Woodbridge given a chance to host the show next week. He was a good panellist on today’s show.

Question here from Sydney (and probably suited to Nine Sports section): Why does the Sunday Footy Show start at 10am and Sports Sunday at 12pm in Victoria? And have a different schedule in NSW and Qld (Sports Sunday at 10am, Sunday Footy Show at 11am)? I’ll probably answer my own question here. but has it got to do with Seven airing AFL Game Day at 10am also, so they go head-to-head? If that’s the case, then can’t 9Gem air Sports Sunday live in Victoria?

1 Like

The Footy Show is more AFL-centric and probably rates higher than Sports Sunday. So, they prefer to have the local production live on the main channel.

2 Likes

Major technical issues in Nine’s Sydney studios this morning. Weekend Today returned from ads to black screen with the hosts speaking in a panic. Currently a Bruce Springsteen doco is airing in place of Sports Sunday.

3 Likes

They were showing “Extra” at 10.30. I was wondering what happened to the show. Bummer about the technical issues.

I wonder if the show will air at all this morning.

Looks like it’s cancelled

But The Sunday Footy Show is on as usual.

1 Like

Sports Sunday has returned today for the 2020 season.

James Bracey has returned as host. Liz Ellis and Peter FitzSimons both return as panellists.

2 Likes

Caps:

1 Like

I don’t like the red at all, doesn’t suit the rest of the program.

2 Likes

Good to see Fitzsimons finally dropped the stupid bandana bit he has been doing.

2 Likes

Sports Sunday aired this morning. They had guests interviewed from there homes - like cricketer Steve Smith, tennis star Sam Stosur and canoeist Jess Fox- via Skype (and the likes).

Liz Elliz appeared at the end of the show from her farm, to do her “Heroes and Villains” Segment.

I think the show ran quite smoothly this morning.

2 Likes

I just cringe watching this show with the Sydney hosts trying to act like they know what they are talking about when talking about footy