Why can’t I receive the new TV channels? – A Guide to 7HD, 7mate HD, 7flix, 9HD, 9Gem HD, 9Life, 9Rush, 10 HD, 10 Shake, ABC HD, SBS HD, Viceland HD and World Movies HD

if you read the Article on Tv tonight says 7mate today switches to HD >around the country< through Seven. umm it should stated Metro only its kinda misleading

2 Likes

around the country through Seven

…refers to all-Seven owned markets, ie: the 5 capital cities + regional Queensland

1 Like

no it dont . he said all around australia and since edited since he was caught out

1 Like

Okay. I’m responding to the quote Andy made which is present in the current version of the article. “Through Seven” implies transmission in Seven O&O markete, not areas covered by Prime or WIN or Southern Cross

“Seven” can easily be shorthand for the 7 network which I’d say (most normal TV viewers) would include Prime7, GWN7 and especailly SCA’s 7 stations as they not only run 7 promos (all of the affiliates now do) but SCA’s 7 stations are fully 7 branded.
It’s just a stuff up from someone who lives in a metro capital city (out-of-sight, out-of-mind).

2 Likes

Can’t agree with you there. It’s an industry site (albeit one with a broad audience, broader than most) and the majority of David’s audience - industry or not - would understand that Seven’s reach is not national.

“Through Seven” has meaning to that audience, and the fact that people are mentioning this on the site (and on here for some bloody reason) is enough to suggest that, even if we disagree on the semantics, TV Tonight’s audience understands this fact.

Without that distinction, the sentence reads “7mate today switches to HD around the country” which yes, would be factually incorrect.

Also, “most normal TV viewers” don’t comment on media forums or read industry websites, so :man_shrugging:

1 Like

@TV.Cynic 9Rush isn’t available in Darwin, unfortunately.

2 Likes

I initially had problems getting SBS Viceland when it changed to Mpeg 4 HD as Channel 32 was already in use, and a simple re-tune didn’t bring it up for me.

However the clue was to DELETE the channel outright, then do the re-tune and it was found and I’ve been watching it ever since. Just thought I’d add this in case someone else is in the same boat.

3 Likes