Where Are They Now?

Adam Digby (Seven News Sydney weather presenter who’s time at the bulletin ended with the Ross & Ann era) also did a commercial for Real Insurance back in 2012, IIRC.

They haven’t really gone anywhere, but we know where David and Margaret will be on 25 August 2019 - at the Canberra Writers Festival.

http://www.canberrawritersfestival.com.au/event/david-margaret

3 Likes

Ian Henderson presenting for Catalyst.

Christie Hayes, who played Kirsty Sutherland on H&A from 2000-2005 now works at i98FM in Wollongong.

3C2A289E00000578-0-image-a-1_1484603831323

1 Like

She also recently had a guest role on Neighbours.

1 Like

She’s had that job for quite a while. Way before she started on Neighbours.

David Stratton is also still doing movie reviews for an independent cinema in Melbourne.

2 Likes

Mike Higgins, ex BTQ7 and TVQ0 newsreader has just published his autobiography called “Trouserless Under the News Desk”. You can purchase it online. I got my copy today and it’s quite an interesting read.

1 Like

Does anyone remember the 2nd series of Popstars on Seven. There was a big Maori guy as one of the finalists but I can’t remember his name.

I had an old Mcdonald’s industry magazine back from when I worked there and he was on the front cover alongside Scandalus, but I threw it out recently.

Arnott Olsen? I believe he returned on 2004’s ill-fated “Popstars Live”

Ben Dark - Getaway reporter who previously worked on Nine until 2010. He came back in 2012 where he starred in Celebrity Apprentice Australia. What is unique about him was his sharp, drawling larrikin voice.

Yes!! That’s him. He’s transformed in the last few years.

Great idea for a thread.

It was indeed Drew “Curio” Jarvis. But of course I’m responding in this thread for a very good reason. To answer the question - “What is he up to these days?”!

The answer: Drew is still in television but in a more behind the scenes role as the current Executive Producer of 10 Peach children’s science program Scope. That said, he did make a brief on-screen appearance at the start of a recent episode:

2 Likes

Apparently worked in real estate for a while now works for a retirement village these days

2 Likes

McLeod’s Daughters Bush Christmas Reunion

McLeod’s Daughters, Australia’s most popular and successful rural drama, is holding an unprecedented ONE SHOW ONLY event, the McLeod’s Daughters Bush Christmas Reunion, on December 5, 2019 in Lismore, NSW.

Join the original McLeod’s Daughters family – Tess, Claire, Stevie, Alex and Nick – for this exclusive live show.

Bridie Carter, Lisa Chappell, Simmone Jade McKinnon, Aaron Jeffery, Myles Pollard and host Zoe Naylor will be live on stage for fans to hear personal anecdotes and stories from the Drovers Run family, participate in a Q&A session, view and discuss favourite scenes with the actors. It’s a reunion specially dedicated to the fans.

For eight seasons, this Logie Award-winning series captured a unique portrait of life on the land for women, with all its hardship, beauty and romance, and this event in Lismore NSW speaks to the very heart and ethos of McLeod’s Daughters.

There will be limited-edition and official McLeod’s Daughters merchandise designed specifically for the event, along with an opportunity to purchase a limited number of tickets for either the private backstage VIP tour or an intimate Golden Supper with the cast.

1 Like

Jamie Dunn is taking Agro on a Queensland tour to celebrate the television icon’s 30th birthday - includes Big Brother Australia star Ben Zabel.

I think somebody’s maths is lacking here. Agro first appeared in 1980 on Seven’s Super Saturday with Fiona McDonald. He went national in 1984 with Wombat. In December 1990 the network produced Agro’s 10th birthday special. So let’s call it 40 years in 2020.

2 Likes

Probably more “it’s nice to see them on TV again” than “Where Are They Now?” but I’m going to run with this one anyway.

Girl Geek Academy CEO and Common Sense participant (let me guess, barely anyone else still remembers that show which only ran for one season in 2017?) Sarah Moran has reappeared* on television - this time during an episode of Scope!

*Well, the reappearance probably actually happened sometime last year because I’m pretty sure the current run of Sunday 9am episodes are repeats. But since I don’t remember seeing the original screening of it…

1 Like

It’s coming back as a movie.

More here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBh_XCYBlYH/?igshid=1su76xngon9z6

Paging @turdall