Where Are They Now?

Possibly another thread I haven’t thought through, but here goes.

What happened to those people who used to be on our screens but then vanished into their own other careers.

This thread was prompted by this interview in The Age with Annette Shun Wah who was a familiar face to SBS viewers in the 1980s and 1990s. I think she later turned up on ABC?

2 Likes

I was thinking of this last week when Mary Louise Theile popped up with a tribute to Georgina Lewis’s 20 on 10.

2 Likes

Another one who disappeared from the spotlight was Mary Kostakidis. She walked out from SBS one evening in 2007 and has almost literally never been seen on TV ever since?

3 Likes

alot of old newsreaders gone off the radar particularly in Sydney. Richard Zachariah, Claudia Emery just to name a few.

1 Like

Katrina Lee I think now connected to the Catholic church. Last seen accompanying George Pell in court.

Has been working in the UK for over a decade. Currently an Executive Personal Assistant at the BBC

2 Likes

Richard Zachariah was promoting his latest book in 2017 and 2018, including:

She is a vocal supporter of Julian Assange, and tweets most days.

https://twitter.com/MaryKostakidis/status/1143419829690470400?s=19

1 Like

Seven Brisbane’s Donna Meiklejohn (read 6pm in 1987) is another - though I think she did some work at the ABC after Seven?

Also wondered whatever happened to TVQ’s Chris Collins after her year anchoring in 1988 - Anna McMahon took over in 1989.

2 Likes

She hosted Backchat for ABC for a while

I think she was working on ABC Radio in regional Queensland somewhere in recent years?

2 Likes

What happened to Gina Boon? From what i’ve seen on YouTube, she seemed to be a solid presenter.

3 Likes

There’s a few old presenters, that people havent heard from in absolute ages. I’ve listed examples previously. Others include Adam Digby (Weather on 7 from 1999-2003), Jo Pearson etc

Working in the UK apparently

She quit Nine after being passed over for the Today show in 1997 in favour of Tracy Grimshaw.

There were also rumours of an adult film. :thinking:

She’s worked in comms since leaving Nine.

2 Likes

Two years ago:

https://twitter.com/sam_baden/status/839302492743610368?s=19

1 Like

Don’t mention the channel Nine helicopter!

2 Likes

Dr James Wright and a couple of others in a report from tonight.

Paul Sharratt - 12 Logies for TV shows

David Fidler was sacked by Channel Eight Darwin after being exposed as a fake Olympic representative for Australia (or something among those lines) while Theona Mitaros now has her own company with her husband in Perth. She is the mother of current Seven News Perth journalist Elle Georgiou (nee Mitaros).

Ross Symonds also disappeared from television nearly altogether after leaving Seven News Sydney in 2003. Since then, the only time he’s popped up was to appear on The Daily Edition a few years back.

4 Likes

Whatever happened to Nicholas Boot after the infamous ‘chains’ story on Today Tonight? Didn’t he end up in Qld?

I seem to recall him doing some commercials for life insurance too.

1 Like