What station am I listening to?

I am listening to the hit mix show SWRFM. But feel like I cheating listening online, true radio nerds should listen on a real radio. But where I live its not easy to listen via fm :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m the same, both in preferring to listen via FM instead of streaming.

No buffering, and in most cases, the sound quality is better on FM.

And re SWR FM, most of the time it isnā€™t listenable enough via FM where I am.

HHH fm has a couple of great shows on Wednesday night. The live rock report at 8pm then at 9pm the chart show. The chart from 1974 tonight has been great so far.

Refecting on 2018 my radio habits has changed a lot I listen to a lot more community radio. How has your radio habits changed in 2018?

3 Likes

So have mine mate. Ive stop listening to the locals since I found out how bad ACE Radio are. 95.3 Triple M was my main radio station I use to listen to, I stopped listen to them back in September when the flipped to that horrid music format.

Now I stream Triple M Brisbane or Rebel FM and stream Spotify.

3 Likes

You should try The Sound from NZ. Itā€™s all I listen to now.

3 Likes

Wow they are playing lady by supertramp. Awesome song. Never heard that song on commercial radio in Australia.:+1:

1 Like

You can see their playlist on the link below, which is updated at 9am your local time, eg. in AEDT (AEST from April to October) states, it covers 11am to 7pm NZ time.

Itā€™s been said before that musically, NZ radio is so much better than Australian radio. The Sound was one of my most listened to stations whilst I was over there in February. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

They also play Sister Moonshine, School, Gone Hollywood and Goodbye Stranger as well. Also rarely or not heard on our stations

1 Like

I heard the song bolded on The Sound during my visit there. This was during their normal programming on the weekend when they were not doing the A-Z of their playlist that the station was doing on weekdays at the time I was there. One other obscure Supertramp I heard on the station, which was part of the A-Z, was ā€œEven In The Quietest Momentsā€.

1 Like

It sounds a great station putting it on my list. Back to hhh now, the 80s show is great too.

1 Like

MMM Classic Ads Digital used to play Supertrampā€™s ā€œSchoolā€ regularly- this was one of the songs that made them stand out from the pack.

Other stations from across the ditch worth listening to are the various Brian FM outlets and XS80s/XS90s.

2 Likes

MacQuarue S[ports Radio 1278 Cricket Australia v India

Id really recommend Wednesday night on HHH fm, the live rock show at 8pm is a great, followed by the chart show at 9pm. You can listen online too.

2 Likes

Due to unusual circumstances I am listening to FM today rather than my usual DAB stations. Iā€™ve found myself on 100.3 Bay FM here in southern Brisbane - and itā€™s GOOD!

Iā€™m in shock as itā€™s so much better than it was. Itā€™s kind of a cross between classic hits and AC and sounding a bit of a hybrid 4KQ/Smooth.

Itā€™s definitely a niche not covered on Brisbane commercial FM.

Overall the station and announcers are sounding slick too! What happened?

1 Like

According to their ā€˜Contact Usā€™ page on their website, they play music from the 70s, 80s & 90s during general programming, which is weekdays from 6am to 7pm.

Brisbane already has plenty of good music radio stations (not including the DAB+ only stations) that are receivable across much of the metro area, including Rebel, Breeze, River, Bridge, Bay, 101FM (Logan) & 4KQ, as well as 94.1FM from the Gold Coast.

By contrast, Sydney doesnā€™t have that many good music radio stations that are receivable across much of the metro area. SWR 99.9 is the closest community station in Sydney that has a consistent programming format throughout the weekday, playing music from the 70s to now.

2 Likes

Do they play Absolute on Absolute 80s?

It should be an absolute staple.

3 Likes

Absolutelyā€¦ no idea

Iā€™m Absolutely sure that they donā€™t play the Eurogliders song.

3 Likes

SWR 999, Inphase. Great tracks they play.

1 Like

Just a heads up for anyone into great 80s music, the fresh mix on Starter FM is playing two full 80s comps from 3:00 pm, 1981 the Sound and 1986 Just for Kicks.

Twitter Feed: http://www.starterfm.com/thefreshmix.html
Tunein feed: http://www.starterfm.com/

3 Likes