Wentworth

Production for Season 7 will wrap on Friday, 27th July according to the Herald Sun along with Foxtel releasing a statement

“Discussions between Foxtel and FremantleMedia regarding future seasons of Wentworth continue,” a Foxtel spokesman said.
"Season 7 of the series will conclude production in Melbourne on Friday July 27th.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/the-future-of-tv-drama-wentworth-is-under-a-cloud/news-story/1473c263eaf7bf508fd153bc19592f89

2 Likes

It can’t go on forever and is better to be remembered for being a constant success, as opposed to going down the route of Modern Family, Blue Heelers, Desperate Housewives etc. Nobody really cared about them in the end sadly.

To shut the fans down, announce a spin-off focusing on the men’s prison with one of the guards incarceration the catalyst for introduction in the new world. Get Nicola Da Silva back for a few eps to provide legal aid as Franky Doyle and that might shut people up.

1 Like

But ratings are still strong. The show is popular and still winning critical acclaim. Agree that it shouldn’t drag on if quality starts dropping but at this point in time it’s still doing extremely well.

2 Likes

Yes but why not preserve that? Grey’s Anatomy and Modern Family still rate okay in the US but will their later years be remembered? Quit while you’re ahead I say. You get to a point where there are a limited number of things that could happen inside one prison unless aliens invade.

Prisoner went on to have 692 episodes, but I guess back then it was a different time. Gone are the days of long-running dramas

2 Likes

I just don’t think they’ve reached that point yet.

Punishment reboot! What’s Barry Crocker up to these days?

1 Like

Maybe Mel is available too?

Fill me in? What is Punishment? I was more thinking an Aussie Oz?

Punishment was a men’s version of Prisoner. It started Barry Crocker as the Governor and Mel Gibson was an inmate.

It only lasted for a few episodes and the rest of the series played out over summer.

http://www.australiantelevision.net/punishment.html

1 Like

I’m sure they could come up with something similar and better.

Well that was shit.

It was better than I hoped for considering this season wasn’t as compelling as past seasons. I was satisfied with how it was wrapped up.

Can’t for the life of me remember that character at all.

This season as a whole was disappointing. Too many departures too.

I read somewhere that the first two episodes of next season are the best opening episodes in the series so it gives a bit of hope that next season will be an improvement on this season.

If the rumours are true that next season is the last, I can see as to why after this season. It was so lacklustre

I knew it was going to be that character. Pretty obvious when you think about it. Why else would they have shown them at the start of the season?

Wentworth Season 2 Premiere on ABC Thursday 11 October at 9:20pm

Why were media reporting sets were being dismantled? Is it fake news and why would they do that? The show needs to end with season seven. Go out on a high while quality is maintained. If it goes on any longer the quality will decline.