We Interrupt This Broadcast

I enjoyed his King Charles impression. Hopefully we get to see more of that.

The Prince Charles impression was good and the The Old P.M.'s Home for 4 Year Olds was a good sketch. Struggled to laugh at anything else in this show.

Bit later 1997 actually but a great memory regardless! Have dug up the sketch for your viewing pleasure.

Part 1:

Part 2 with Rob Fairs:

A great cameo from 7.30 Report’s Judy Tierney as well amongst lots of local radio personalities.

2 Likes

Brilliant - even includes my favourite part, the manual phone before they got the earpieces. When things went wrong with the bulletins and things wouldn’t play etc… we used to always say “they’re going to answer the phone!”

Thanks heaps for that one! I’ve just unpacked my boxes of VHS tapes too so that I can hopefully finally get to them in the next year or two - must be at least a hundred of them.

3 Likes

Will tonight’s post-reality time slot give the show a late reprieve or has the tribe already spoken?

4 Likes

I imagine they’ll just air what’s left of the current run of episodes, but not commission any new ones.

3 Likes

Tonight’s RBT gag was so funny “it’d be great if you had something to indicate you’re changing lanes, mate [after discussing his back window family stick figure sticker ‘indicating’ he has a family … How about this [snaps off indicator arm from wheel], stick that up your ass” :joy: How cops probably feel too!

1 Like

Last night’s post reality time saw the show drop 50,000 from the previous week to a season low.

Just watched the 10th and final episode tonight.

Overall, this series has been disappointing for me. I knew the comedians and writers tried very hard, but the funny skits were few and far between. Even the original skits e.g. Daybreak, Wolf Target, Dr Armageddon, The Interrogation Room, and Hot Deals were not funny. The only original skit that I liked was the crazy fisherman (I forgot his name).

2 Likes

I would’nt be Surprised if Catch-up Ratings lift the Outcome.

I didn’t even realise it was still going lol.

Yeah, this has nothing on Fast Forward, Full Frontal, Comedy Inc or even Double Take. You can’t really have a sketch show with nothing but TV skits. At least these shows had some variety.

Some bits were funny, some aren’t. No wonder it’s tanking harder than Hawthorn.

5 Likes

It had the serious disadvantages of being recorded months in advance which meant it couldn’t be topical and due the the earlier timeslot, it couldn’t really push the boundaries, so it became somewhat compromised.

5 Likes

If it gets a 2nd season, they need to expand the targets, and film closer to the broadcast date.

3 Likes

Include some send ups of commercials too.

2 Likes

Would parodies of commercials resonate as much as they used to?
With people in droves turning off free to air, one of the reasons being shows being interrupted by commercials, people are seeing commercials less now they used to, so would be less likely to know the source material

2 Likes

There is still some cut through with certain ads.

“We Should Get Sushi Carol” :joy:

1 Like

I went to 7plus website tonight and the whole program page (along with all ten episodes) is gone.

4 Likes

Would they be likely to edit the episodes to remove all references to Masterchef?

1 Like

No real loss.

4 Likes