We Interrupt This Broadcast

Well, if they rather double-up this, and save other stuff for Q2 - I’d say ‘burn off’ is an apt description.

2 Likes

It’s not worth saving so burn, baby, burn. :fire: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Nah just interrupting the regular broadcast schedule :wink:

2 Likes

A below average episode this week. The original creations (Daybreak, What’s Really in Your Mouth?, Hot Deals, Dr Armageddon) were not funny at all.

The funniest clip IMO was SAS Australia, in which instructor Ant told the contestants that they would be dropped one by one into a pool of hot lava, to test their resilience.

1 Like

See, I thought that one wasn’t great - probably because it had been done to death (no pun intended) on the ad for it but some of the others I got a bit of a laugh out of and I thought it was one of the better episodes. I actually had the kids watching it with me for the first 20 minutes before they went to bed and it was interesting because they actually found quite a bit of it funny. In particular the first SAS one with the three legged race etc… they liked.

The ones I really wish they’d get rid of are the Kardashians and the Lip Island one.

Paul McCarthy is too good for this show.

2 Likes

In two weeks the show is moving to a 9:15 pm start time on Tuesday. The smoke is getting thicker!

3 Likes

The Tuesday 9.15pm screening could be a one-off because of the extended length of Farmer Wants a Wife.

2 Likes

Whatever the reason, for Seven it is back to reality at 7.30pm on that Tuesday with We Interrupt bumped to a late timeslot.

No MAFS on Nine last night so a big opportunity for We Interrupt last night. Unfortunately, the show instead lost audience to a season low.

I guess 7 is keeping it there because there is nothing else to put in that slot ?

It is moving out of that timeslot when ratings resume after Easter.

1 Like

A later timeslot is where it should have been in the first place… Given its all been produced already, there will be very little scope now to push the boundaries a bit more, which the show couldn’t do at 7.30 and really needed to.

2 Likes

They can’t move it when they don’t have anything to replace it with. You’d rather more repeats and clip shows?

1 Like

Why don’t they have anything though is the real question.

Surely these networks know by now that not everything will rate. Why not commission an extra 5 or 6 shows a year just incase some flop? If nothing flops then they have content for summer.

1 Like

(Or god forbid something at 8:30)

3 Likes

It feels like the networks in Australia have practically given up. They do practically nothing more than focus on tent pole reality shows in Australia.

It’s no wonder that viewers have abandoned them in Australia for streaming services. We must be one of the worst countries in the world for the amount of people who have fled free-to-air television in the past five years.

5 Likes

They could have pushed the boundaries for 7:30pm and gave it an M rating which was the same rating as Comedy Inc.

Although now at 8:30pm or later they can go MA

1 Like

Much better episode tonight.

I loved the opening SAS clip on assembling Swedish furniture, the first RBT clip (in which a policeman asks a motorist to blow the candle on his birthday cake) and the Thor parody.

2 Likes

Budget.