We Interrupt This Broadcast

Maybe Seven’s classifiers edited the show and an uncut version does exist, but if so you’d likely see Seven promote “uncensored on 7Plus” or something like other recent shows, so it’s more likely it was produced for an earlier/PG timeslot. But that closed caption pick-up is interesting.

2 Likes

I thought that I read (somewhere) filming was being done right up untill the end of February.

1 Like

I wanna sketch you up

We Interrupt This Broadcast continues 7.30pm Tuesday

We Interrupt This Broadcast continues 7.30pm, Tuesday 21 March on Channel 7 and 7plus as Australia’s new comedy obsession brings your favourite (and least favourite) shows to task.

Next week, We Interrupt This Broadcast brings some serious comedy heat to the MasterChef kitchen, one celebrity goes Gaga in the jungle, Stranger Things gets even stranger, and Bondi Rescue lifeguards draw a line in the hot sand.

Special guests Virginia Gay, Elliot Loney, Nina Oyama and Olivia Suliemon join ensemble cast Christie Whelan Browne, Bridie Connell, Michelle Brasier, Adele Vuko, Duncan Fellows, Greg Larsen, Ben Russell and Bjorn Stewart.

We Interrupt This Broadcast is a HELIUM original production for the Seven Network.

2 Likes

Finally a news skit!

1 Like

On the topic of corrections, that’s the logo and cast of the Canadian Comedy Inc you’ve used there.

2 Likes

Fixed. There was a Canadian version? :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I had no idea either :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I just knew that wasn’t the logo or cast, and did some googling.

2 Likes

I got thrown off because IMDB has this photo uploaded as the TV show poster. I assume IMDB has had the wrong photo uploaded there too.

Now that I look close, I can see that the whole cast is totally different. :joy:

1 Like

Audience recordings were planned from late Dec till March 2nd (Audience tix: We Interrupt this Broadcast | TV Tonight) but these appear to have only been screenings of pre-produced material. Don’t know how polished the material screened was? If they were completed eps then filming was probably long finished.

The episodes, so far, only seem to get their final edit a few days before the broadcast.

1 Like

I’m surprised it is staying put in that timeslot but i guess they don’t have anything else to put there .

Episode 1 is still the best episode I’ve seen so far.

Tonight’s episode was one of their best. I like the variety of sketches and new shows - it’s quite a good mix.

3 Likes

I didn’t think much of the last episode. I had high hopes for the news parody, but it turned out to be stupid rather than funny and what was that Bondi Rescue skit supposed to be about.

Last night the show’s audience was its lowest so far despite the lessening of competition without Survivor on 10 for the second week. Key demo 25-54 was 14th.

1 Like

And what was that total fire ban skit supposed to be about (when the fireman extinguished the camp fire at the tribal council in Australian Survivor)? A show like this will have fire prevention measures at the ready.

2 Likes

I suppose it would be too offensive to have that actor on this show who portrayed Kochie on Comedy Inc ? Paul McCarthy?

Or is that humour dated now?

Seven serves a double dose of comedy

We Interrupt This Broadcast continues 7.30pm tonight and tomorrow

Fast, furious and long-overdue sketch comedy series We Interrupt This Broadcast is set to serve a double dose of laughs, 7.30pm tonight and tomorrow on Channel 7 and 7plus.

Tonight, a comedy emergency unfolds on Triple 0, the Osh Bot malfunctions between The Bachelor and Masked Singer mode, The Kardashians are kamera ready and morning TV takes on a new scent when a Daybreak host wears the same suit for a year.

Tomorrow, it’s time to get schooled at Hornebae High, Underbelly: Bikie Wars heat up and the SAS IKEA challenge almost disassembles the unit.

Special guests Lawrence Mooney, Elliot Loney, Ian Roberts, Ell Foreman and Arka Das join ensemble cast Christie Whelan Browne, Bridie Connell, Michelle Brasier, Adele Vuko, Duncan Fellows, Greg Larsen, Ben Russell and Bjorn Stewart.

We Interrupt This Broadcast is a HELIUM original production for the Seven Network.

Burning them off?

4 Likes

I wouldn’t think keeping them at 7.30 is quite “burning them off”.

It could have been moved to another timeslot or even a multi channel if Seven wasn’t happy with it.

The double episode is only this week; I do smell smoke though :fire:

5 Likes