We Interrupt This Broadcast

For what it’s worth I reckon he’s actually one of the highlights of the show and he was good last night, the non-reality ones especially like RBT and Play School

1 Like

Save the Tuesdate for comedy night

We Interrupt This Broadcast continues 7.30pm Tuesdays

We Interrupt This Broadcast continues 7.30pm, Tuesday 14 March on Channel 7 and 7plus and no show is safe for the irreverent, accessible and occasionally absurd series to lampoon!

Next week, We Interrupt This Broadcast cooks up crafty Better Homes and Gardens gags, The Kardashians’ Aussie cousin ‘Kraig’ arrives, RBT hears excuses they couldn’t make up, and a rose ceremony blooms bros when The Bachelor turns Brochelor.

Special guests Virginia Gay, Georgie Parker and Ell Foreman join ensemble cast Christie Whelan Browne, Bridie Connell, Michelle Brasier, Adele Vuko, Duncan Fellows, Greg Larsen, Ben Russell and Bjorn Stewart.

We Interrupt This Broadcast is a HELIUM original production for the Seven Network.

3 Likes

That’s below the average audience that Big Brother was getting - second week had 379,000 on Tuesday. On that night Big Brother had double the audience in 25-54 that We Interrupt had last night. The show set Seven up for a terrible result it its target demos.

1 Like

Credits for Tuesday’s show.

Seems like audiences have already moved back to seeing Survivor live. :laughing:

Saw this week’s episode tonight on 7plus. Certainly a better episode than last week’s premiere.

The first Hunted sketch (camera crew following a team) was straight to the point.

I actually laughed out loud at Australian Survivor and MKR skits (the first one in which Manu vomited after eating a dish).

2 Likes

It was interesting seeing the reactions to this with Gogglebox last night. Without giving too much away - it was actually quite mixed and a lot different to how I thought they would see it.

I thought it was a good representation of the range of reactions of viewers and probably reflected what has been posted here. It’s always more interesting to see such contrasting reactions to a show on Gogglebox especially with the tight editing.

2 Likes

Did I see Ian Roberts in the SAS Australia skits?

Yes - see credits

1 Like

If only Di was around to see it.

2 Likes

I also notice Emma Leonard (800 Words) in the credits. I can’t remember which skits she was involved in.

She was a contestant on The Bachelor who was sent home.

2 Likes

Some of the Goggleboxers liked it tonight :rofl:

Has there been a Gogglebox skit yet? That seems like an obvious one for this show to do.

2 Likes

After watching the second episode, I’d have to say as a sketch show it’s pretty much like a lot of other recent efforts. It has some quite funny jokes but it also has a lot of jokes where you can see the punchline coming from the start. Where the show is completely let down is the laugh track which goes off at the most ridiculous moments. Nothing worse than loud laughing when the joke is not that funny.

There are some standout efforts by Christie Whelan Brown and Adele Vuko. If I was the ABC or Seven, I’d consider giving Christie Whelan Brown a starring role in a weekly satirical comedy series along the lines of Mad As Hell or The Weekly. I think it would be great to have Christie Whelan Brown have a similar role to hosts Shaun Micallef or Charlie Pickering.

1 Like

Id save it for the end of the season/series. Put up that bit they play between sketches where someone’s changing between the shows on their screen, then pull back to reveal it’s the goggleboxers.

~fin~

5 Likes

yeah, but that would be too clever for the writers to think of!

Just chuck Bort in the writers credits and we’re
set.

4 Likes

Saw a promo for the gag during BH&G tonight. Virginia Gay starred in the skit.

Could be a dress rehearsal for the actual role if she is interested.

1 Like