We Interrupt This Broadcast

Phil Toinby’s ties would never be allowed on television these days.

1 Like

Back in the 90’s Southern Cross aired a sketch show at Christmas which had a skit like this with Steve Titmus doing the news and I think there may have been a cross to other reporters (or reports filed back in that time) - e.g. “Today in Hobart, nothing happened. In Launceston… nothing. Two birds crossed the road in Burnie.”

It was a sketch show that was done by John X (Xintavelonis) and Craig Wellington and would have been around 1994 at a guess.

2 Likes

Does anyone else remember that breakfast TV show sketch I remember they were lampooning American shows where they would all continuously say good morning to each other from in studio to crosses? Was it Full Frontal. SNL. Comedy Inc or other?

1 Like

Fast Forward

8 Likes

One of the best ever!

‘Good morning Bobbie’

6 Likes

I thought tonight’s episode was better than last weeks.

9 Likes

The sober moron did make me chuckle.

I just can’t get over the actors looking and sounding nothing like the people they are sending up.

1 Like

I found it incredibly repetitive; most of the jokes had been made last week. Couldn’t they come up with some new material?

4 Likes

7mate guy is getting around tonight. First segment and he’s been the Bachelor, a groom on MAFS, and on First Dates.

3 Likes

Also cause I’m into that type of content I pick a lot of the jokes punchlines before theyre even made.

1 Like

You’ll likely see the same shows being sent up most weeks - they’re not going to go to the effort of sets/locations/makeup for a one-off 30 second parody.

1 Like

Exactly. those sets would be most of the budget so they would have had to justify it by filming several things on it.

1 Like

this is show is right up my ally . i love it

1 Like

Was a bit better than last week. But agree that it is very repetitive. But agree that it is very repetitive.

Glad that they’re teasing some Seven shows, like First Dates, and MKR. With teasing MKR, at least they’re acknowledging that contestants are using sob stories to get through onto the next round…

It’s rubbed off on you. :joy:

1 Like

They did that skit last week as well only it was MasterChef as the target.

2 Likes

You can say that again.
You can say that again.

2 Likes

I think the variety in shows was still pretty decent last night. The Play School from the archives sketch is absolutely hilarious, I wish they had more of those clips.

2 Likes

Big ratings drop for episode two, down 90,000 to below 300k. Is that sustainable for a 7.30 show on Seven?

4 Likes

Wasn’t Big Brother getting those figures last year in the same timeslot?

2 Likes