Watermarks

Yep, I’m certainly glad that Seven is being more sensible when it comes to their HD broadcasting this year!

2 Likes

Because that is how the 7MATEHD watermark is designed

It’s what the rest of Australia outside of metro sees every other day

1 Like

Only 7 Qld and WIN use the above watermark. The majority of regional Australia gets the older style horizontal watermark without a HD add-on.

3 Likes

…and of course, viewers of AFL coverage on 7mate via Prime7 (probably 7mate via GWN7 as well) most likely would’ve been seeing this tonight:

6 Likes

Forgot Prime doesn’t use that watermark. My bad!

Prime’s Font of Live and free looks like Arial to me!

2 Likes

I thought it was either Helvetica or Swiss, but yeah certainly a more basic-looking font compared to what Seven uses.

7mateHD broadcast switch-back to 7HD:

•Last few minutes of Motorway Patrol (7mate), even though EPG returned to Ch 7 schedule at 12am.

•Watermark then faded out to the generic/edited production ender (as with EVERY Seven program).

•Switch to commercial feed (Plus7 promo), as after most Seven programs these days.

•Next 7mate program began, as BCM were waiting for Ramsays Kitchen Nightmares (Ch 7) to finish at 12:12am, before they switched the broadcast.

•Broadcast switched (7mateHD > 7HD) in Melbourne & Adelaide at 12:12am AEST, with a repeat of Packed to The Rafters (just a sudden flash/crackle and it was like normal again).

:slight_smile:

7 Likes

Dawn Service watermark in Queensland

5 Likes

What a bloody terrible way to switch the channel around.

2 Likes

ABC HD Live

4 Likes

AFL on 7Mate in Regional QLD - HD MPEG2

Brisbane 7Mate SD

5 Likes

That Anzac Day watermark also used in the 6pm bulletins

1 Like

ANZAC watermark

3 Likes

Fox League’s Anzac watermark was also used on Fox Footy’s simulcast of Essendon-Collingwood match today.

2 Likes

it was used on all foxsports channels all day…

Oh Lord…

You would think it’s so difficult to broadcast 1) the correct watermark & 2) in quality fashion :disappointed:

“Talking Footy” encore (is this new, haven’t seen it on the main channel before?) airing now late night on Ch 7 in Melbourne.

•With the WRONG channel (watermark)
•And overlapping

Looks like “Sport | 7mate” was written into the program then?

3 Likes

The original broadcast tonight used the ‘Live & Free | 7mate’ version.

3 Likes

Yes, however until now, there’s been a 12am encore on 7mate with the above “Sport | 7mate”.

You can tell it’s more a ‘logo’ (than an actual broadcast watermark) written into the program (prepared earlier in the night), because it’s not next to the HD, but rather ‘underneath’ the HD :+1:

Ten has a new set of MasterChef-themed PRGs for this year with one featuring a glass dome and another the golden ball seen in one of the promos.

6 Likes