Watermarks

7mate HD watermark being used in Regional QLD for the first time

4 Likes

[quote=“TV-ACT, post:1192, topic:252, full:true”]
I had assumed 7 weren’t providing a feed without the 7 logo on it (much like the 9WWOS logo WIN were covering up for years!)
[/quote]I can only think of one occasion where Seven haven’t provided a clean feed to SC before. This was during a Saturday afternoon AFL match where both the Seven metro and SC-inserted sport watermark both appeared, which SC obviously wasn’t aware of as it lasted for the entire broadcast (they were slightly misaligned of course). Apart from that it’s usually a clean feed with their affiliates adding the watermark.

1 Like

[quote=“WAtvVideos, post:1193, topic:252, full:true”]
Seven provides a clean feed to both Prime and SCTV, although this year appears to be the first time they’ve provided the Live & Free component of the watermark.
[/quote]SC has been adding both components of the watermark for years.

2 Likes

If 7mate in Regional QLD are now using a “HD” watermark addition, I wonder how far off they are from broadcasting 7mate in SD and the HD channel in MPEG4 as per the capital cities?

2 Likes

Often with the 6pm news after the football also being a 7 Sport production and live and free! I once saw it stuck around on the news until about 6:15 one night.

2 Likes

As has Prime, until this year from what I can see. When they throw to a break, the Live & Free fades out with the feed, leaving the 7 logo from Prime on-screen for a few seconds:

5 Likes

Yes, I’ve noticed that before. Someone clearly isn’t paying attention! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The logo has been fixed, btw :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Someone has been reading your posts mate! :yum::wink:

2 Likes

Don’t know about that, the 7TWO watermark (during normal programming) still looks crap! Hahah

2 Likes

SCTV’s 7TWO and 7mate versions. Note the 7TWO logo is a flat orange unlike Prime’s:

2 Likes

The HD has been on 7Mate since Sunday this week as seen in the Tennis Coverage topic but I don’t think it signals anything in particular. There was also HD as part of the Olympic Watermark and that was back in August.

6 Likes

Prime drops their logo too late, SCTV drops theirs too early. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

SCTV’s 7 version:

4 Likes

Having watched the Tennis for a bit last night on SC, 7TWO and 7mate, it seems like they’re doing the same thing as Prime now. They’re adding the logos but not the Live & Free component. Noticed the logos were removed at times a few seconds early before going to ad-breaks. If this was added but SC both components would’ve been removed.

1 Like

While the rain has stopped the Sydney test match cricket Nine still have the ‘Live and Free’ on top of old test match highlights…not good enough.
Seven have been doing the right thing in their tennis coverage last night & today, replacing ‘Live & Free’ with ‘Sport’ when repeating a match played earlier.
C’mon Nine, it’s not difficult!

3 Likes

4 Likes

Prime7 have gone for this unique watermark on 7Mate for this afternoon’s American NFL game

I see 7mate Sydney have theirs to the left of the NBC logo

6 Likes

This has been the case (on NFL games on 7mate) since Prime7 outsourced to MediaHub.
Shame the font & logo aren’t t the ones Seven use (condensed font & vertically stacked logo).

1 Like

I actually think it looks pretty good