Watermarks

Shouldn’t lucky WIN viewers get this logo instead?

10 Likes

It looks like SCA are using a single graphics device for the HD add-on watermark (on 9HD Canberra) and for their on-screen ads; a few minutes ago (shortly before Pakistan’s 6th wicket) the HD disappeared from next to the 9WWOS logo, a Toyota ad appeared, then the HD reappeared right after. (Sorry no picture/capture.)

Lucky bastards! WinHD and 11HD :confused:

beIN sports changed their watermark to something similar to Optus sports / Sky Sports UK

4 Likes

^ Drugged out? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

beIN Sports 1 is still the old logo, beIN 3 is new one to tho.

As mentioned in the Seven Tennis Coverage thread Prime7 is still (45 mn into the BNE Int’l coverage) missing the 7 logo on their main channel (just a “Live & Free |” without the 7 logo in the corner; 7mate has the logo without a HD ‘bug’).

1 Like

Wow, even now it’s STILL missing…

1 Like

who cares…

I could ask the same thing.

1 Like

I thought NBN play-out came from Nine’s national broadcast centre in Frenchs Forest?

It was NYE so its a good screencap :grin:

They changed it after the LIVE game. It was a worldwide change.

2 Likes

I was talking to one person, not everyone like you…

Yes I no, I saw the switch over

4 Likes

Hope they listen to my Tweet. Poor Regional viewers getting a large WIN watermark on the top right hand corner

5 Likes

No point writing a complaint, they always ignore viewers tweets…

That “watermark” isn’t so bad. At least it’s small and mostly non-distracting!

Seven’s “Live & Free” logos (especially the stacked variants for 7TWO and 7mate) I think would be better if the “LIVE & FREE” text was to the right with the logos to the left.

Weren’t Seven the first to use the “Live & Free” sport watermark a few years ago?

Ten & Nine respectively then copied the idea.

I liked what Seven did in 2012 (don’t know why they reverted), by having the sport watermark in the bottom right.

I’d guess that top-right is the safest consistent placement (various sports scores, player details, etc. which tend to appear at the bottom of the screen), plus it has the bonus of not being covered up by competitors’ news logos (especially any solid ones like Ten’s).

4 Likes