Watermarks

Lest we forget the “colour ups” :flushed:

16 Likes

Didn’t WIN at one stage put a whopping bar across the screen to cover everything?

3 Likes

Holy crap, I remember that. Don’t have caps unfortunately. News tickers weren’t for us simple country plebs.

From @WAtvVideos

11 Likes

Guess WIN wasn’t too keen with the Hobart forecast being shown :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12 Likes

Ahh, but they already realised this and faded in a cover-up half the size every time the weather segment went to air, to not obscure the Hobart temps. I capped this when they were snoozing and were a bit late in changing the graphics. This was the time when WIN’s treatment of the Nine broadcast was at its worst.

9 Likes

Which turned worse after a few days…

6 Likes

The sound of what Harry was doing in that scene of Dumb & Dumber is pretty much what I was thinking when I saw this logo.

4 Likes

No wonder we all jumped for joy when WIN lost the nine affiliation… People complain about a dirty feed but come on those cover ups were cringe worthy…

10 Likes

WTF?
WIN actually used to cover up the entire bottom of the screen??
What purpose does that possibly serve?

I had forgotten about these. How long did they last?
Doesn’t anyone have a PRG with these coloured WIN multichannel watermarks?

1 Like

I bet LJ Hooker were delighted

Also this one from Nine HD breakaway programming from STW-9 when WIN owned STW

12 Likes

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/watermarks/252/982?u=zampakid

It lasted until GO!'s relaunch in 2014, while it took until October 2015 for WIN to drop the coverup for GEM.

Not a cover up but still a strange watermark for FTA

11 Likes

ACA got the treatment as well

A couple more Today Show memories.

7 Likes

Another one from 2006

10 Likes

That is beyond hideous!

Cowboys branded Watermark from Townsville. 01/10/2005

Weird shadow effect - 2006

10 Likes

My God WIN absolutely were the worst in the mid-2000s. I still can’t believe how spiteful that TODAY bar was - actively trying to sabotage the experience of the viewer to anger Nine was pettiness like no other.

8 Likes

The relationship between Nine and WIN really went downhill after Kerry Packer died.

4 Likes