Watermarks

It’s probably a WA thing…

No wonder why they are so behind the times over there.
I think they are still getting their heads around 7 day trading. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The guttural groan you hear outside is that of Bruce Gordon’s immense satisfaction.

1 Like

In Brisbane

7 Likes

The slightly different Sydney/Melbourne version:

4 Likes

WIN watermark, October 1996:

9 Likes

Haha. I actually just noticed I missed the somewhat visible WWOS logo on Ken’s suit! Oh well, WIN have to give them some acknowledgement. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

[quote=“mubd, post:957, topic:252, full:true”]
WIN watermark, October 1996:[/quote]WIN’s best watermark IMO (I vaguely remember them using a faint version of it which was even better still).

1 Like

History of WIN’s watermarks:

14 Likes

First one has to be the best. The third and forth one are the worst as they were hideously coloured with the map! :dizzy_face:

You wouldn’t have the history of the various WWOS coverups from WIN by chance @Zampakid? :wink:

3 Likes

@EyewitnessTV
Yes I do, editing it together now. :wink:

1 Like

Here it is: :wink:

14 Likes

I’ve previously seen them all but seeing them all lined up like that… good god they are all freakin’ disgusting! :dizzy_face:

If I had to choose… the third one in the box with ‘sport’ attached to it would be the “best”. I could be wrong, but didn’t they simply use the WIN logo above or below the Nine logo on the WWOS in the box era?

6 Likes

Special Queensland cover ups and WIN HD cover up during SOO.

HD and SD

HD cover up - the HD was WIN’s

8 Likes

At times WIN simply just placed a little blob in the middle over the top of the 9 logo instead of their own full coverup. :stuck_out_tongue:

@Zampakid You wouldn’t have the history of all of the news coverups?

10 Likes

8 Likes

you forgot one, which is the current one of WIN inside the circle.

1 Like

Remember those shonky cover ups that WIN had for 9 Perth/Adelaide with no dots on the sport coverage.
Those coloured WIN so called watermarks they had for a few weeks one for every night they had to be the worst not even transparent.

1 Like

16 Likes

Great work compiling these mate. Today Show cover-up went through a few designs too

9 Likes

WIN is being beaten left right and center :joy:

5 Likes

A couple more monstrosities

10 Likes