Watermarks

And it’s a lot less transparent than all the other watermarks too.

Ditto in Sydney

3 Likes

It appears that they have since brought the watermark further in and up higher as well since the rings were introduced.

Possibly to allow for a future HD addition to the right of the existing logo?

They’ve already been running a HD addition to the (non-Olympic) watermark to the right of the logo in Melbourne and Adelaide, if I’m not mistaken.

3 Likes

Ah okay, I wouldn’t know since I live in a really small, remote village called Sydney and we don’t get 7 in HD here.

11 Likes

Only within the last couple of weeks. Prior to that there was no HD on it.

Interestingly, there’s no HD addition to the “Seven Sport” watermark (if you can even call it a watermark!) on the Carlton Draught ad…I mean, the post-match AFL show Friday Front Bar:

Maybe it’s just me, but even when it’s on 7mate I don’t think that it’s particularly necessary for the watermark to say “Seven Sport”!

2 Likes

There was no HD addition for it in Melbourne either. Disappointingly Friday Front Bar doesn’t appear to be HD either.

And in SD

5 Likes

So big and messy. No thanks

2 Likes

That “7 Days to Go” Olympics Countdown Watermark if anything, makes me not want to watch Seven’s coverage of Rio 2016!

1 Like

Wow…

We should have a dedicated thread just for Ch 7’s vast array of network watermarks :fearful:

NB/
What’s the most convoluted one thus far?

“7 days to go 》7Mate Olympics HD” ?

1 Like

More like “7 days to go until we temporarily simulcast the main channel in HD for 2 weeks before switching it back.”

9 Likes

Regional QLD watermarks look the same (ie without location)

4 Likes

Haha, I like how you called the image filenames “blob”. Those watermarks could certainly be classed by some as a big blob on the screen, that’s for sure! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Love Child Season Finale promo watermark:

3 Likes

Worst one I’ve seen from them so far since receiving Nine almost a month ago (time has gone very fast!) BGT finale and Block in-program watermarks are a close second and third to this though! All of them are such horror shows. :persevere:

9Go! Live watermark/super on tonight’s final episode of The NRL Rookie:

4 Likes

Anyone noticed a generic “7 Olympics” watermark in the top right hand corner, during Rio 2016 news reports?

Not sure why. It’s like they’re trying to stop other networks from stealing their News footage (not they would need to).

I’ll try to upload a cap if I see it again

1 Like