Watermarks

And the racing is Free but the NFL isn’t :confused:

2 Likes

Maybe because ESPN still has the Thursday and Monday Night Football exclusively?

1 Like

Channel Seven has made a change to the 7mate watermark here in Queensland today
Previously the city name was listed below the “ate” part of the 7mate logo in small text.

Now it is listed o the left hand side with an arrow.

3 Likes

Why do they do that? In case people don’t know what city they are in? :grinning:

3 Likes

Thanks to Plus7’s live streaming, here are the 7mate localised watermarks for other Regional QLD markets:

For some reason, 7mate Sunshine Coast was showing Border Security: International instead of scheduled programming that is shown online in other QLD markets, so I wasn’t able to get the Sunshine Coast one.

3 Likes

Must have been a problem with the stream - this is using an antenna :slightly_smiling:

3 Likes

New 7TWO watermark

3 Likes

I like that 7TWO watermark!

1 Like

Finally, Seven

4 Likes

Thanks for the caps, ADstv!

That’s the problem with ‘new’ watermarks… they always look more noticeable (thus less transparent) than the one before!

sigh…

2 Likes

Yes, it is disappointing that it’s less transparent and further in from the corner. Seven had the best watermark prior to this.

1 Like

The TWO in the new 7TWO watermark is too big. The previous watermark was fine.

1 Like

Maybe they should keep the same 7 logo in the same position on all their channels and just add the rest to the right for HD, TWO and mate.

1 Like

If you ask me, the best watermark Seven has had in recent years was the 2011-12 one, prior to the one that has just been replaced.

I wouldn’t say that Seven’s new watermark is a major improvement on the previous (which was quite opaque despite its size), however I wouldn’t say that it’s a major step backwards either. The transparency of the new Seven and 7TWO watermarks could definitely be lowered but that’s about it really.

1 Like

I reckon their “best” one was the first ribbon one, in early 2000, it was barely noticeable, even on dark backgrounds.

3 Likes

But that wouldn’t be consistent with other sports (ie AFL). Seven’s AFL is Live and Free yet 5 games per week air exclusively on Fox Footy .

1 Like

And so they begin…

Ten has already started using a massive, colourful, intrusive watermark:
I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here! | Premieres Sunday Jan 31

So annoying during Entertainment Tonight when they cover up various captions used on the show. Also running huge animated, pop up promos that cover the whole bottom of the screen.

2 Likes

Still nothing compared to Television from places like Indonesia where they have constant bugs and popups and things moving around in front of the show.

1 Like

Give it enough time and I wouldn’t be surprised if Australian networks do things like that!

1 Like

Speaking of overseas, NBC started using the Olympic rings at the start of the year on their standard watermark.

1 Like