Watermarks

Does anyone recall that the first watermark that Ten used was on the bottom left. I think its introduction was very late compared to Seven and Nine and was around the start of Ten HD which had its watermark top left. Ten’s PRGs also had the watermark on the left/

PRG (not watermark) on left

9 Likes

Also recall that for the first day or so the Ten HD watermark was larger - it matched the size of the logo on the PRG. Subsequently it was modified and animated to a smaller size.

And for something different, the 10HD Sport watermark was on the right.

11 Likes

12 Likes

They’re not the Prime feeds though. Prime uses a black 7TWO watermark and their classification logos sit further to the right.

So if 7 metro use stacked watermarks, where are SC getting these dirty feeds from?

4 Likes

I was about to ask if ‘Ten SD2’ had its own watermark… This channel became ONE SD from memory.

3 Likes

I vaguely remember that “Ten SD2” watermark!

Yes, that’s correct. “Ten SD2” was the SD simulcast of Ten HD that ran for a very brief period prior to the launch of One SD (and of course One HD) back in 2009.

1 Like

Fair enough. I just assumed they were considering it obviously isn’t the metro feed. I have no idea where they are getting these dirty feeds from then. I’ve checked SC during this period and they are still using a clean feed…

What does the Prime 7mate watermark look like? The same as above?

3 Likes

What does the Prime 7mate watermark look like? The same as above?

Like this

8 Likes

Almost identical, but their classification icons have a white border and sit in roughly the same position as 7’s CC icon.

Perhaps 7 give their affiliates both a clean and dirty feed of their channels, yet they haven’t updated the graphics on the dirty feeds? Seems a bit far fetched though.

3 Likes

You briefly see this ad before it fades to black and out to local ads:

You can also just make out that SCA’s watermarks are removed before this unknown feeds watermarks are removed:

2 Likes

I’m confused? So where were SCTV getting those different feeds from, not sure why it’d be Prime?

1 Like

It does. Probably unlikely. To be honest, I’ve never seen this happen other than during the infomercials block.

2 Likes

I would say it’s likely something really old that SCA have just recorded and have archived on some server somewhere.
It’s not the first time they’ve recorded the metro feed as it was broadcast and replayed it later.

It’s probably just something they’ve recorded from the dirty 7 metro feed a long long time ago. That they’ve put to air recently with their current watermarks, etc. without realising these were already on the original.

Odd to see 7 metro classified both programmes as G, while SCA are classifying them PG though.

5 Likes

I guess we’ll never know either way. It’s interesting nonetheless.

Yeah, I find it odd that SC classify the infomercials as PG. They really should be G as there’s nothing to warrant a PG here.

@WAtvVideos I have just caught PTV this morning and SCA currently have the usual 7TWO watermark in use. Is it there on Central? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yep!

5 Likes

That makes perfect sense. I forgot they did exactly that for the daylight savings delay in Queensland.

2 Likes

Thanks. It definitely wasn’t there a couple of weeks ago (nor the numerous other times I have stumbled upon it). Could be they just experience a lot of issues or maybe they have finally decided to mark it.

I’ll let you get back to watching it then! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

All good I’ll catch the WA replay. I never miss a moment of PTV. #ptv4lyf

3 Likes

I find it a little odd though. The infomercials usually play concurrently across SCTV, 7TWO and 7mate, yet while the other two have this recorded dirty feed SCTV has a clean version instead. I would’ve thought it’d be dirty too?

Haha! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Good point. We have no idea why they even do that weekly reset. Who knows how they’ve engineered it all. Maybe the fact they’re dirty on 7TWO and 7mate but not on SCTV presents a problem for them? Program changes not applying to all channel playlists or something?

3 Likes