Watermarks

Perth

9 Likes

Looks like the “live” is from the production itsself?

As the official watermark (at least as last seen on X Factor last year) was:

Live 》 7.

Unless BCM have put Perth’s studios in charge for Telethon?

3 Likes

It’s the same watermark that was used for Telethon in Perth last year.

5 Likes

Right, so yes, BCM have removed the watermark for Perth for the next 26 hours.

It’s just a logo pasted on by the production.

Makes sense, as Telethons (let alone run all the way over in WA) are complex telecasts!

3 Likes

If that was the case, they’d be sending a dirty feed to BCM, which would then be sent to Prime/GWN7, which isn’t happening. I would say BCM have simply used a custom 7 Live watermark for this event.

15 Likes

There’s probably a “Live > 7” watermark in the current On-Air Presentation package (like the “Live | 7” one from the old package, which was used on at least one Telethon) that could’ve been used for Telethon, although I’ve seen far worse on screen than the one they’re using.

I agree. It’s probably a custom watermark that BCM are using specifically for Telethon although it does look somewhat reminiscent of a “7 Live” watermark I remember from around the mid-2000s.

It’d be rather interesting to know if there’s a HD version of this “Telethon Live” watermark running on LCN-70 in Perth.

3 Likes

Yeah I swear I’ve seen it from an old NYE cap. Similar to the regional Queensland variants of the time, too.

2 Likes

Okay, thanks for clarifying.

But hence my point, why custom make one, when we’ve already seen another one used for other programs?

Unless the production specifically requested a darker and fatter watermark?

My last point makes sense (that the production probably requested one in advance, as MediaHub had one for GWN7 as seen above).

1 Like

No there isn’t

1 Like

Can Ten make that Sisters watermark any bigger?

2 Likes

Here’s a first from Seven: a solid (ie. non-transparent) promo watermark! :open_mouth:

Is it a coincidence that they’re now resorting to using it since they’re struggling behind Nine in the ratings? :thinking:

EDIT: It eventually became transparent a little later down the track.

11 Likes

9 Likes

Double watermarks seen during Screen Time

10 Likes

4 Likes

Looks awful, at a bare minimum they should have stacked the strap underneath so it didn’t look so ridiculous.

Hate to say it but Ten’s are becoming as bad as the ones that 9 serve up.

3 Likes

Different watermarks during Psychic TV.

7TWO metro:

7TWO via Prime:

7TWO via SCA:

10 Likes

Southern Cross have always chosen to not use a watermark during PTV for some reason (I mean, they usually don’t unless they make a mistake which has happened on a few occasions before!).

Interesting to see that via Prime they use the solid coloured 7TWO logo up top, but over on Seven metro they use the normal “stacked” watermark also up top, of course.

They probably just assume that if people are watching that they’ll already know what channel they’re on.

They think we must be psychic? :grin:

Wow - that fluro green is a bit bright - even for the presenter

Later

11 Likes