Watermarks

Has anyone else noticed that Ten’s 2016 logo (only used for in-program bugs) has been replaced by the 2013 logo on both Ten and Ten HD? It’s good for the bugs to once again be consistent with idents and promos considering that the 2016 logo never really took off (reminds me of that 2D yellow logo that they adopted briefly on-screen in 2012). Sorry that I don’t have a screencap.

2 Likes

The watermark was switched to the 2013 version of the Ten logo about a week after Ten HD launched (initially, the Ten HD/2016-style logo was the watermark) if I’m not mistaken.

Aside from the PRG animation, I don’t think I’ve seen that modified 2016 Ten logo anywhere for ages.

saw vice on Youtube their Watermark is bigger and Just has the word Vice without the land not solid letters not sure what countrys its from

It is used as the w/m on sport coverage

4 Likes

Ahh yes, I forgot about that. Probably shows how often I watch sporting telecasts on Ten!

2 Likes

I was watching Ten HD today and the PRG animation was the 2013 logo.

1 Like

SBS Viceland?

Yep, that’s what they’re branding the channel as: SBS VICELAND.

Rather inconsistent when they don’t use the SBS name for Food Network (well they do for their logo but not verbally referred to as “SBS Food Network” from the little I’ve seen) or NITV though. I say either use the SBS name/logo for all multichannels or none at all!

I’m guessing the difference here is that there’s some or more SBS content on SBS Viceland than there is on Food Network, eg. The Feed, football …

1 Like

In the UK, it has the same LCN name of ‘Food Network’

And International News as well

TV3 and The Edge TV simulcasting the 2016 Vodafone New Zealand Music awards

1 Like

The “live” part doesn’t quite line up properly… I’m sure it used to in the 4:3 days.
Noticed this during the Hampton Downs 101 race too.

1 Like

In the US, ABC America their snowflake watermark on some programming already

6 Likes

Ten’s Aria Awards promo watermark:

And from last night, Nine’s new TBBT promo watermark:

2 Likes

“SBS Viceland Live” watermark on the A-League. It’s strange seeing this watermark yet the commentators all still say “on SBS”.

Note the ‘LIVE’ is tiny.

3 Likes

The network is still SBS, so it’s still partially accurate. Similar to when Nine content aired on Gem (before the rebrand) and they said “on Nine”.

Probably in case they ever show A-League matches on the main channel.

Of course it’s still SBS, the watermark should reflect that. You don’t see the 9GEM or 9GO watermark when you see sport on the multi-channels.

2 Likes

I think you guys are excessively nitpicking. The SBS logo is still there in the Viceland watermark so commentary staff referring to SBS is not an issue. SBS isn’t just one channel, it can also represent the suite of channels because the overall business is SBS.

3 Likes