Wanted

Why do they do that? Double episodes put viewers off and if the advertised time is 8.40pm, it is unlikely to start before 8,45pm.

SHort ter, gains.

I don’t understand the double episode season premiere either. Won’t this make it even a shorter run? (Last season was six episodes across five weeks)

Often times the double episode premiere can be a result of there not being enough of a “hook” in the first episode to entice viewers back. I would say its likely given the nature of the series and how it differs to season 1.

It used to be far more common for drama’s to launch with a “movie-length” episode, and at times episodes 1 and 2 will be written as such however it is considered 2 episodes rather than 1 long episode as it makes it much easier when contracting cast and crew.

1 Like

I would say in this case that the double episode is purely a grab for later night ratings to counter any momentum that Nine might get out of the launch of two new shows at 7.30 on the same day.

Just watched the first two episodes. I really enjoyed them. Pity it didn’t do as well in the ratings.

Just wanted to drop by and say I was disappointed in the ending of this show, but overall it was a solid series with many twists and turns.

First time I have actually watched a program on free-to-air from start to finish in many years.

I must say I was disappointed with the ending too. There really can’t be another season after that.

Why not? The police haven’t found Morrisons body and the female detective from New Zealand seemed to have a personal vendetta against Lola so there could be a story there. To me it finished on a cliff hanger, like the producers were expecting a third season.

1 Like

They could possibly still escape police custody but otherwise, they are captured so it’s over.

Wanted has been nominated for an International Emmy award, in the Drama Series category against Justiça (Above Justice) from Brazil, Mammon II from Norway and Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit from Japan. The awards will be held in New York on November 20.

2 Likes

Wanted has missed out at the International Emmy Awards, losing in the drama series category to Mammon II (which starts on SBS on Demand tomorrow).

Filming on season 3 began in South Australia this week. Rebecca Gibney (who has been posting photos from location to her Instagram) and Geraldine Hakewill return to their roles.

Wanted Series 3 commences filming

Lola and Chelsea’s amazing adventure continues.

Channel Seven, Matchbox Pictures and R&R Productions have commenced filming a third series of WANTED.

The hit drama premiered in February 2016 with a combined series average of 1.85 million viewers watching Lola (REBECCA GIBNEY) and Chelsea (GERALDINE HAKEWILL) on the run from the law and their pasts.

Filming of the third series is taking place throughout South Australia, including the iconic Flinders Ranges and Adelaide Hills.

This season is being directed by Peter Templeman (Wanted, Here Come the Habibs!) and in her first ever TV directing role, Jocelyn Moorhouse (The Dressmaker, Proof).

Series co-creator, Rebecca Gibney, said: “I am so excited to be bringing Wanted back to Australia and filming in the glorious state of South Australia. Lola and Chelsea have become such a huge part of my life and I can’t wait to show the world where they end up next, because this time there’s no going back.”

Seven’s Head of Drama, Julie McGauran, said: “Audiences across Australia have fallen in love with Lola and Chelsea and we’re thrilled to commence filming on a third series. Wanted is a drama full of adventure and heart – much like its lead actors, Rebecca Gibney and Geraldine Hakewill.”

Matt Vitins, Acting Managing Director, Matchbox Pictures said: “Matchbox is excited to be working with Seven and R&R Productions on this next season of Wanted. We are incredibly proud of this series and the success it has found with audiences on Seven and internationally. We cannot wait to see our heroines Lola and Chelsea take their adventures across South Australia.”

Filming of season 3 had finished after two months according to Rebecca Gibney’s Instagram.

1 Like

More news, courtesy of Rebecca Gibney’s Instagram account. Looks like season 3 will air before the end of the year.

3 Likes

Starts Monday week

That’s ridiculous. There’s been no promotional period at all.

3 Likes

Rebecca Gibney is back to Nine for a Halifax reboot I believe.

1 Like

This whole second half of the year has been a shambles from Seven.

2 Likes