Viewer Access Satellite Television (VAST)

12 Likes

SCA have recently increased the number of radio stations carried on VAST in WA. There’s now:

• MMM Busselton
  • MMM Collie/Bridgetown
  • MMM Carnarvon
  • MMM WA (formerly Red FM)
  • HIT Sth WA
  • HIT Carnarvon
  • HIT Nth WA (formerly Spirit)

If you email SCA with your smartcard number they’ll activate MMM WA and HIT Nth WA on your VAST set-top box.

4 Likes

Are they managing their own CA do to that, rather than the Aurora Digital CA? I didn’t think that was possible.

1 Like

They won’t be running their own CA - it’s likely that they’ll have an interface to add cards to access the SCA services

3 Likes

Took them a week or so to activate them as they had to contact Optus to do it.

2 Likes

That explains it.

1 Like

What box are the recordings coming from?

1 Like

In victoria there is a transmitter that has imparja terrestrial signal, i guess the terrestrial signal is “fed” from vast am i correct ? Same with other transmitters with imparja in victoria

1 Like

The only IMP/QQQ transmitter in VIC i could find listed is in The Grampians (Halls Gap). Would have to be fed by satellite.

1 Like

Vast south should be split into 2 sections, one with imparja using 9 melbourne feed, and 7 and 10 all from victoria and the second imparja nsw feed and 7 and 10 all fed by nsw. Instead of mixing them together

Any update on what channel 4 looks like now Prime and GWN news branding has been dropped?

2 Likes

No change as yet, still Prime7 on channel 4 and the channels themselves are all still labelled as ‘PRIME’.

4 Likes

I mean, would you really expect them to change the name of “Prime” given some of the other logos/names on there…

3 Likes

To a certain extent yes, only because they updated it at the time of the WIN/SCA affiliation swap last year… wishful thinking :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jokes aside, many of the logos are out of date, but the brands still exist. Prime obviously no longer exists though

1 Like

I seen that they were on the transponder but didn’t know how to receive them

I wonder if they would activate them for me here in QLD?

1 Like

Could you just tell them your number without saying you’re in QLD?

I suspect the feeds are all mono sound too? I imagine all the Hit and MMM WA mining town relays are fed by VAST as they are apparently all in mono.

2 Likes

Well the free to air SCA Hit Emerald on D3 is mono AAC

Well that could work :smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

What email address did you use to request the radio channels as I would like to add them myself?

2 Likes

I used a general enquiries form on the SCA website. Should still be there somewhere. I asked to get permission first then after they got back to me I supplied the smart card number.

3 Likes

There are some new narrowcast channels on Aurora Digital as of this morning. They are channels that have come from Optus D2. Can be found in the 600 (narrowcast) range from 610 onwards and in the 100 range.

3 Likes