Viewer Access Satellite Television (VAST)

Now we have SBN via VAST!

3 Likes

Phwoar my Friday nights just got a whole lot more exciting now!

5 Likes

I donā€™t have a set-top box handy to check LCNs right now, but it looks like the following channels have been added:

• GOD TV
  • TBN Pacific
  • TBN Inspire
  • SBN TV
  • Angel TV
  • Hope Channel
  • ADTV
3 Likes

Praise the Lord!

Iā€™ll sleep soundly tonight

5 Likes

I wonder if there was some divine intervention at play here?

1 Like

Riveting viewing Iā€™m sure :ok_hand:

1 Like

LCNs as follows:

• GOD TV - 101 & 677
  • TBN Pacific - 104 & 624
  • TBN Inspire - 105 & 625
  • SBN TV - 106 & 616
  • Angel TV - 107 & 617
  • Hope Channel - 110 & 610
  • ADTV - 111 & 611
4 Likes

Thanks @hopejr

Did they change 3ABNā€™s LCN to be in the same range?

No. 3ABN is not part of the aggregation, so is only on 603, where itā€™s been from the start.

1 Like

Yeah I know. I just thought theyā€™d take the opportunity to simulcast all the Christian channels in the 100ā€™s

Also, do you know if these are the only ones to migrate over? Thought there were a lot more on D2.

The 100 range is only for the aggregated channels coming through on the Instal-life mux. 3ABN already had established equipment there and didnā€™t join the aggregation.

Those are the only channels moving to VAST. Others are either going to IS-19 (EWTN and Daystar) or ditching satellite (GOOD. and Kingdom Sat).

A lot of people that had Optus D2 are signing up for VAST now to get these channels, even those in metro areas. This is possible because one only needs ABC & SBS registration to get them, which is available to all locations. Unfortunately, there are two websites to register on. Thereā€™s mysattv.com.au for commercial only, and myvast.com.au for ABC, SBS, and narrowcasters. People are getting knocked back because they keep going to the wrong website, even installers.

2 Likes

There should have been a coordinated effort with a dedicated portal or even a tile on myvast.com.au with clear instructions. Missed opportunity there.

Sounds like there could be a small but significant market for a VAST box with integrated IPTV built in.

Totally agree.

I believe such a box is in the works.

Jesus, what a thrilling selection of channels.

2 Likes

So currently we have religious channels on D2,IS19 and now D3.
Can swing your dish in any direction and pick up your goe bothering content, bit like the narrowcast frequencies :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Hereā€™s a way that Vast can get more multi channels. They should remove the inter state ABC and SBS channels so that viewers can only access their local ABC and SBS. Itā€™s just a complete waste of bandwidth.

Unfortunately that wouldnā€™t work for a few reasons:

1. Each state based ABC/SBS feed is going out on a national beam so there is no benefit from a reduction in bandwidth from restricting viewers to their local versions.
  2. Bandwidth and transponder space is not the issue on Vast. Thereā€™s plenty of Christian stations that have just moved across from the old Optus D2 and they have been accommodated quite comfortably.
  3. The main issue with regional/remote broadcasters and multichannels is a lack of advertisers/viewers more than any other reason.
8 Likes

Massive outage for the CBAA services last night, took CRN, Hope and BBC feeds offline for ~8 hours

2 Likes

3ABN has now joined the aggregation of Christian channels on 11805 (Optus D3/TS4) and can now be found on LCNs 109 and the original 603.

2 Likes

The Australian reports today that decrepit broadcasting network across remote and regional Australia will receive a funding upgrade in next monthā€™s federal budget. A recent study by RMIT found that up to 80% of Indigenous households across all states and territories (excluding Western Australia) have no working free television service due to damaged cabling, broken satellite dishes and defunct set-top boxes, and cannot access free-to-air TV, including the wholly Aboriginal-owned Imparja Television.

6 Likes