Viewer Access Satellite Television (VAST)

I have because I told them i am moving to a different state and taking my iq4 with me, and yes it worked I did it, honest, I got the free to air feeds from different state to mine , also I tried your suggestion to watch live streams of 9now and 7plus but you can’t change location to a different state because it uses your IP address location unless you buy a VPN then it might work, just not sure how to load a VPN onto a smart tv because i watch the streams on tv

Which feeds are you able to watch now?

There is a way to watch all of them. Find yourself an IPTV player app for your smart TV (hopefully it’s Android) then Google search ‘mjh australian playlists’ and add those playlists to it. You’ll have yourself almost every FTA channel in Australia, more than any satellite service.

i live in melbourne and i am able to watch sydney tv channels on my iq4 since i told foxtel i already have the equipment setup at the new address in the new state, they just changed my address and sent me the sydney signal. and to my surprise it worked, just tell foxtel everything is s4etup at the new addressm they wikll believe you, unfortunatly my tv isnt android but i do have a fetch also. but thanks for the suggestion i will buy an android tv in the future,

I understand how the process would work, but I’m wondering which Sydney channels you’re able to now receive through your Foxtel box? Does it include 7 and 7mate only? Or can you also get 7TWO and 7flix?

1 Like

I can now watch channel 10, 9 7 all from the Sydney feed, so instead of seeing 9 news Melbourne I am seeing 9 news sydney, in the future I might tell foxtel I moved to the Gold Coast so I get the gold coast 7 9 and 10 feeds.

And no not 7two or flix because they are only terrestrial channels, but the 9 7 and 10 that are retransmitted by foxtel have have changed to the Sydney feed

Is the humax the only vast pvr that allowed network file sharing on your home network between devices , are there any other brands or pvr that allow video file sharing on the same network on sale currently not discontinued.

I hope vast never gets rid of ABC from all states, because that way I can watch the 7pm bulletins from the various states, also one thing I find strange about vast south is it uses the 7 Melbourne and 10 Melbourne feed but uses the 9 Sydney feed, it would be easier if it just used all the feeds from Sydney like the vast North uses all the Brisbane feeds.

I think because Vast South covers Remote VIC (Alpine areas mostly), TAS and SA as well as NSW.

2 Likes

Yes, it gives viewers some choice.

1 Like

Imparja aligns with Sydney to favour NRL, Seven aligns with Melbourne to favour AFL, and I think Ten is aligned with Melbourne because it’s easier for SCA as DDT and TDT are Melbourne-based too.

5 Likes

I would be interested to know how many viewers watch vast on a daily basis like to watch the evening news etc… also is there a few seconds delay between the gwn7 terrestrial broadcast and vast broadcast or is it to the second simulcast

1 Like

It would be nice to see WIN’s Northern NSW noodle updates (along with the Regional SA updates) appear on VAST in the near future :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Probably depends on how the terrestrial transmitter recieves it’s signal.

Some transmitters receive their signal from VAST. So they have to decode the DVB-S2 signals, remux the channels and reencode to DVB-T. Those transmitters would definitely be behind the VAST signal.

Transmitters that have a fixed backhaul might look different.

2 Likes

WIN haven’t produced updates for Regional SA since August 2020.

4 Likes

@southeastsa Didn’t know that - thanks for the heads up :slight_smile:

1 Like

No such thing anymore. All transmitters are fed from VAST for all 3 digital sub-markets - GNW, GAW and GSW.

2 Likes

Not heard of those callsigns before.

If/how do they align with SSW, VEW, GTW and WAW?

They’re callsigns used by GWN to identify their markets post-digital. They’re also used to identify the three VAST WA bouquets on end user equipment.

GSW = GWN7 South-West = BTW
GAW = GWN7 Albany/Wheatbelt/Goldfields = VEW and GSW
GNW = GWN7 North-West = GTW and WAW

BTW and GSW were combined to make SSW in 1990, but since digital has reverted back to their original markets.

6 Likes