Paramount Australia & New Zealand

That is what I am saying. The show is out and will not be in the Ten schedule

For the Ten schedule on the main channel we should still get the now cancelled show Doubt which was planned for 2017. Todd Sampson’s Body Hack has had no news as of late.

For the Eleven schedule, just two CBS shows will remain Crazy Ex Girl Friend and Jane the Virgin can remain. The entire channel’s primetime is gone. Supernatural comes from WB so could remain - they would need to renegotiate that show. Finally, No Tomorrow was a CBS show that lasted for one season can still be aired.

For One, they still have Zoo to air. Most other shows are gone. They would have new seasons of Bear Grylls: Mission Survive, VF Confidential and Ripper Street should all be able to air.

The David and Goliath battle resumes in the Supreme Court on Tuesday

1 Like

Todd appeared on Fitzy and Wippa recently and said the new season is scheduled for 2018.

3 Likes

Wow, what a tantrum from News Corp; just making themselves look like a pathetic bunch of sore losers.

TEN are the only ones who emerge the losers, as they have been for a number of years

Well that’s Murdoch’s loss then.
People will either illegally download Fox content from the US or not watch it. They aren’t going to subscribe en masse to Foxtel for their programming at ~$50 a month. He stands to gain nothing by locking his content behind a paywall which has only 30% penetration into the Australian TV market.
Murdoch will make a deal with a major commercial network soon, I’m sure.

TEN need Murdoch more than Murdoch needs TEN. Nobody subscribes to Foxtel to watch US sitcoms but TEN needs Fox’s shows for ELEVEN.

A good breakdown of the days ahead

Can you believe that law student fuckwit tried to delay today’s hearing because he has an exam and an assignment due. Are these people serious? Thankfully justice black threw out that delaying tactic. Honestly we just need to get on with this. I know the case is down for 3 days but surely with only two complainants it shouldn’t take that long.

These two minor shareholders really do need to fuck off now. They’ve had their attention now piss off.

21 Likes

I expect that from high schoolers. :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Looking at the report to creditors, it looks like the balance of the contract Ten had with 20CFox for their TV output until June 2019 was an incredible $195,000,000. No wonder Ten wanted to renegotiate. So breaking the contract has saved them almost $200m over a less than 2 year period; looks like they come out the winner. By terminating the contract Fox will get just $3.4 million.

7 Likes

The judge adjourned today’s hearing until tomorrow morning so that the three minority shareholders challenging the share transfer to CBS have more time to consider the KPMG independent report. Hopefully there are no more adjournments.

3 Likes

Perhaps justice black is placating these morons so they need more time to read that them challenging the transfer of shares is a futile task.

I’m still shaking my head at these fuckwits. If the spoiled sport millionaires didn’t challenge what makes these assholes think they can.

2 Likes

Calm down. You’d think they’d just kidnapped your first born child, the way you’re carrying on. It’s undignified.

2 Likes

If the court blocks the transfer of Ten shares to CBS, KordaMentha plan to sell the Ten Network assets to CBS.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/mergers-acquisitions/trio-in-bid-to-block-court-approval-of-ten-network-takeover/news-story/b45461afe16ea354ee091fc5f3f2065f

Which is interesting because, according to KordaMentha, Ten Network is worthless.

1 Like

the shares may be worthless but the physical assets are not?

3 Likes

the value of the assets is less than the debt. CBS pays the debt as agreed to, and TEN sells assets to CBS as ‘compensation’ for that payment.

TEN ‘folds’ and becomes ‘CBS10’

2 Likes

Only because of its debts. The assets alone a worth money.

Process would essentially be the same: CBS pay agreed amount and receive assets (licenses, equipment etc). KordaMentha distribute the funds as agreed upon by the creditors.

2 Likes

Everyone then switches off and the licence is sold off at auction. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

CBS quickly restores The Simpsons to 6pm each night and ratings go through the roof, thus saving the company and guaranteeing plentiful future success.

3 Likes

So under “plan b” CBS still get to own ten?

In other words these idiots who are representing themselves have no chance.

1 Like

I’m sure you commenting about it every few hours is going to help CBS make all your Ten dreams come true. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like