Useful stuff for mocks

Does anyone have the backdrop used in The Project, or what city it is so I can create one?

Many thanks.

2 Likes

It’s probably a composite/generic one so that they don’t pin themselves one place.

2 Likes

Anyone have blank AFL graphics or a template?

2 Likes

maybe have a look in here

3 Likes

Exactly what I was looking for - thank you!

2 Likes

A bundle of Channel 10 logos

19 Likes

Nine’s Today Show Backdrop from their 9Now website.

6 Likes

A new dawn for the show, perhaps?

3 Likes

11 Likes

The graphic that appears on Today, since Saturday 4th of Jan. This graphic appears on Today’s main screen in the studio, also note, this is my recreation, so it is not true to the original.

Original for reference

20 Likes

That’s just terrific. How long did this take you to create?

5 Likes

About an hour, hardest part was trying to get the logo to match, as you can see, the pattern within the blue circle doesn’t match.

For some reason I’ve fallen in love with the graphic, I know it’s in your face, but it screams fun. I can see many mocs based on this style :smiley:

2 Likes

I thought that was intentional so you know if someone uses it? Well done anyways fantastic mock quality!

3 Likes

From the better days of Seven News Sydney.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Prime7 News background (taken from a pre-weather sponsor)

6 Likes

“The World” Backdrop

4 Likes

Some Nine News content

15 Likes

Microsoft Powerpoint is quite a powerful tool for mocking, if you know what you are doing.

If you copy an SVG file into PowerPoint and double click on it you can convert it into a shape, in which you can completely pull apart and edit individual elements. Logopedia is a great source for SVG logos.

this is how i created my NBC Sky News Mock

I’m not usually a fan of gradients, but I have recently figured out nice gradient making, using layered elements and transparency.

You don’t need flashy software for mocking. I hope this helps any aspiring mock artists out there.

18 Likes

I use PowerPoint and it’s so good to be able to do mocks. Keeps the quality whilst also allowing easy movement

3 Likes