US Television

Some controversy over the Deadline headline and story, and casting generally.

I was referring to the FBI not our media.

Sharon Osbourne was very upset at the news of her close friend leaving the show at the end of the current season, Sharon and Sarah haved worked together on the show for 9 years and were the only remaining original hosts.

Season 1 ended in a late night timeslot on Nine.

Jeopardy! champion James Holzhauer smashes his single day winnings in regular competition record earning $131,127 and now has a ten day total of $697,787.

I enjoyed Ken Jennings back in the day when he had his 74 day winning streak but this latest champ is a one man masterclass in how to prepare for the game, control the board and leave the other contestants in his wake. The producers of this show must be shitting themselves at the prospect of how much money this guy could win given the average champion wins around $20,000-$30,000 per game.

Pretty sad that watching this show while preparing for the work day is the highlight of my day at the moment.

1 Like

Fox has axed comedy Rel and Marvel series The Gifted, however the latter could pop up on Disney’s new streaming service.

UPDATE 19/4: Fox has renewed Last Man Standing for an eighth season.

1 Like

Fox have renewed Last Man Standing for a second season on the network (after it was dumped by ABC).

And I thought Neighbours was having a credibility crisis with yet another retrograde amnesia storyline.

The actress who plays her daughter will now also play the mother after plastic surgery. :crazy_face:

The Jeopardy! James phenomenon continues. He has become only the second person in the show’s history to earn more than one million dollars in regular competition smashing through the mark on today’s show.

For two nights in a row he has featured in a report at the end of ABC World News Tonight and The Atlantic has reported “he is currently out-earning even the show’s host on a per-episode basis”.

23%20AM

3 Likes

Mark Wahlburg’s reality show Wahlburgers will end with its 10th season.

Good news for fans and 10 All Access locally.

1 Like

Fox has renewed Empire for a 6th season.