US Television

Why were the charges dropped? Not enough evidence for the prosecution?

I would assume so.

Chicago PD are not happy and I don’t blame them.

He’s given up his bond, so in effect he is.

He payed a 10,000 fine.

I don’t get why. You can’t charge someone if you don’t have evidence and he shouldn’t get a fine because someone says he has fabricated a story. Simple.

Wasted a lot of police resources for a crime that did not happen.
Making it now ten times harder for real victims of assault. He should pay more hefty fine more then what he paid or serve a prison sentence .

All hearsay and has not been proven. A Grand Jury wanted him indicted on one piece of evidence. The fact is a trial would cost a lot more.

So if Smollett is so innocent and really the victim in all of this as he claims then when can we expect to see him pursue charges against the men who terrorised him? Should be pretty easy given their full and detailed confessions.

I hope he never works in the industry again.

1 Like

That’s extreme. If he can’t prove they are lying then he can’t persue them either. Whaf if they lied about their involvement to cover their own arses? I think it’s very curious that the police dropped the case since they were so sure about the facts originally.

If it was all true then Jussie Smollett has some mental issues to deal with. If he was willing to go to those extremes to secure a job on the show when it was looking like he could have been written out or had his role scaled back, then he needs help.

2 Likes

He was let off because he paid $10,000 and his good community service record.

Sounds like your rather defending his actions . Which should be condoned on all sides . It’s funny how certain people are for one thing but when it comes to celebrities … but all our war on someone who doesn’t favourite their political opinion.

If you don’t call considering wasting policing resources not a crime and a $10,000 a mere punishment …supposed to make it okay then that’s your opinion .

We will agree to disagree with this :stuck_out_tongue:

If Smollett is innocent as he claims then he has been violently attacked, falsely accused and slandered by his attackers, very publicly arrested/humiliated, dragged through the mud and now left with a huge financial bill to cover (forfeiture and legal fees).

I don’t know about you but if I was blamelessly left in that situation I would be furious and holding anybody I could to account for destroying my reputation, career and life.

Police didn’t drop the charges, prosecutors did. Very different things.

Since when did narcissism and an extreme sense of entitlement become “mental issues”.

Yes very big difference prosecutors often are more qualified and understand what constitutes a case…

Not that jbar said narcissism or sense of entitlement but they are definitely traits of mental health issues.

1 Like

If that was directed at me, I don’t know how you worked that out. I simply stated what had happened. It is clear he got a plea bargain of sorts and got off. If I was innocent I wouldn’t be paying a fine.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1110602178790477825?s=19

FX has renewed comedy Better Things for a fourth season.

1 Like

More developments

Really? Don’t they have more important things to focus on?

Ronny Chieng for CBS Comedy

1 Like

I agree, we have our own problems here on soil. The more air time they give this dickhead, the less real news is not covered.

NBC has renewed Law & Order: SVU for a record 21st season.

1 Like