US Television

I think you mean Ten?

No, Ten still has the rights to SVU but not any other shows produced by NBC Universal.

2 Likes

Brooklyn Nine-Nine, which will be shown on NBC after it has been axed by Fox, will get 18 episodes for the upcoming sixth season, up from original 13.
Party of Five will get a reboot on cable channel Freeform.

1 Like

Very disappointing for the best tv executive in the US market. It concerns me there may actually be some substance to the rumours of untoward contact if he has resigned?

This is getting ugly.

Tom Arnold tweeted that Mark Burnett (Survivor, The Apprentice) pushed him; then Mark Burnett’s wife said that Arnold tried to ambush her and Burnett.

As reported

Arnold is set to debut his upcoming show, Viceland’s The Hunt for the Trump Tapes , on Tuesday. The show will depict Arnold’s attempts to find tapes that Arnold says show Donald Trump expressing bigoted views on the set of Apprentice . Some speculated that the scuffle could have been a stunt.

https://twitter.com/TomArnold/status/1041543378481995777

https://twitter.com/TomArnold/status/1041573660660625408

The Hunt for the Trump Tapes can be seen on SBSViceland.

Australia’s Yvonne Strahovski (The Handmaid’s Tale) lost to Thandie Newton (Westworld) in the supporting actress in a drama series category.

I’d say unsurprisingly.

4 Likes

Richard Wilkins predicted Stan would clean up at the Emmys, apparently.

3 Likes

Disappointing however interesting to see who replaces her

1 Like

A streaming service, like Stan (i.e. Netflix) would clean up.

The Golden Globe Awards will stay on NBC for eight more years.

The Emmys start a new eight year deal from next year with ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC each taking turns, as has happened for many years.

Kirsten Bell confirms Veronica Mars reboot on Hulu

Fox takes over Thursday Night NFL in simulcast with NFL Network next week. This week was the last NFL Network exclusive. It seems that part of the deal is that Fox now have to produce the games which are exclusive to NFL Network (previously CBS and NBC produced them. CBS used NFL Network graphics, NBC used their own graphics which were a slight simplification of their Sunday graphics) and are required to put their top commentary team on it. Last year CBS and NBC seemed to be using a mixed assortment of their A and B commentary teams.

Today’s NY Jets @ Cleveland Browns (Cleveland won their first match since 2016) had Fox graphics and Fox’s top commentary team of Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, rules analyst Mike Pereira, and sideline reporters Erin Andrews and Kristina Pink. Fox usually only run two sideline reporters on playoffs and the Super Bowl, with one or none at other times. NFL are requiring extra effort, but that seems fair seeing as they agreed to schedule higher profile games on Thursdays this year instead of the relatively uninteresting games they put on Thursday last year.

From today’s game.

If it wasn’t for the NFL Network bug and mic flag, it would be indistinguishable from a Fox broadcast.

A couple examples of NFL Network exclusives from last year:
LA Rams @ San Francisco 49ers in week 3, produced by NBC with a derivation of NBC’s Sunday graphics. They used the same graphics on NFL Network / NBC simulcasts.

Buffalo Bills @ New York Jets in week 9, produced by CBS using NFL Network graphics. They replaced “TNF” with a CBS logo at the left of the score graphic for NFL Network / CBS simulcasts.

Thought that came about because Fox said they were willing to have some of the ‘big’ games which they would normally air at 4:25pm on doubleheader Sunday’s instead be set aside for TNF?

I believe you’re right that they sacrificed some of the bigger 4:25 games for it, but they only get the double-header every 2nd week so I think CBS have also lost some bigger matches from that timeslot in the weeks where they get the double-header, as Fox are promoting Thursday Night as being big games every week.

https://twitter.com/GodAllMighty12/status/1042381356486021122?s=19