US Television

Wow. American television copying Australian television. This is like the 80s, but opposite.

4 Likes

It’s happened many times before. It’s just a case of the Americans not often acknowledging it when they do it.

1 Like

Indeed, ABC has also done this as well.

and TBS shows idents during credit squeezes:

CBS is set to win the 2016-17 season in total viewers for eighth straight year and the 14th time in the past 15 seasons. NBC leads the 18-49 rankings for the season with a 2.1 rating.

HBO has renewed Silicon Valley and Veep for new seasons in 2018.

Grant Bowler returned to US TV ‘tonight’ in the Shondaland period drama Still Star-Crossed for ABC. He plays Lord Montague, father of Romeo, in fair Verona where the Capulet-Montague feud is going strong in this sequel to the famous Shakespeare’s tragedy.

The reviews have been mixed to be kind. Variety did mention Grant saying “Grant Bowler brings his dependably lively, rough-hewn presence to the role of Lord Damiano Montague, and Anthony Head makes a deliberate and entertaining meal of his role as Lord Silvestro Capulet.” The Metacritc score so far is 44.

I recorded this, the promos looked good , will need to see it for myself, thank god i pvr’d it :stuck_out_tongue: Heavily promoted throughout the last month or so during Dancing with The Stars.

CBS is the first network to reveal premiere dates for its 2017-18 line-up. The Big Bang Theory spinoff Young Sheldon will get a one-episode preview after the season premiere of TBBT on September 25, before moving to its regular Thursday home in November after its allotment of Thursday night NFL finishes. Five other new shows — comedies 9JKL and Me, Myself & I and dramas SEAL Team, Wisdom of the Crowd and SWAT will also debut in the US fall.
September 25: The Big Bang Theory, Young Sheldon (pilot), Me, Myself and I, Scorpion
September 26: NCIS, Bull, NCIS: New Orleans
September 27: Survivor: Heroes v. Healers v. Hustlers, SEAL Team, Criminal Minds
September 29: MacGyver, Hawaii Five-O, Blue Bloods
October 1: Wisdom of the Crowd, NCIS: Los Angeles
October 2: 9JKL
November 2: Young Sheldon, Life in Pieces, SWAT

The CW has revealed premiere dates for its shows for the start of the 2017-18 season. All 10 shows will premiere in the second week of October.
October 9: Supergirl, Valor (new)
October 10: The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow
October 11: Riverdale, Dynasty (reboot)
October 12: Supernatural, Arrow
October 13: Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Jane the Virgin

CBS has renewed The Young and The Restless for three more seasons.

NBC has announced the premiere dates for 2017-18 season. There are two changes: This is Us staying on Tuesdays and season 2 of Taken being kept until later in the season. Most of the network’s new and returning shows will premiere in the last week of September and the first week of October. The revival of Will & Grace gets the prime Thursday timeslot of 9pm.
September 25: The Brave (new)
September 26: This is Us, Law & Order True Crime: The Menendez Murders (new)
September 27: Law & Order: SVU, Chicago PD
September 28: Superstore, The Good Place, Will & Grace (return), Great News, Chicago Fire
October 4: The Blacklist
October 27: Blindspot

Is this like an Underbelly rip-off? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s Fox’s turn to announce its premiere dates for the start of the 2017-18 TV season. Seth MacFarlane’s live-action sci-fi show The Orville will debut on Sunday, September 10 after the NFL doubleheader, with episode two on September 17 post-NFL, before settling on its regular timeslot 9 p.m. Thursdays starting September 28. The bulk of Fox’s line-up will start on the last week of September and the first week of October.
September 10: The Orville (new)
September 21: Gotham, The Orville (regular timeslot)
September 26: Lethal Weapon, The Mick, Brooklyn Nine-Nine
September 27: Empire, Star
September 29: The Exorcist
October 1: Bob’s Burgers, The Simpsons, Ghosted (new), Family Guy, The Last Man on Earth
October 2: Lucifer, The Gifted (new)

1 Like

Yeah although I think it’s more L&O styled, think the OJ Simpson mini series that was done. More about the case itself.

Yes but the Underbelly series were based on true crime too. They’re just trying to capitalise on the Law and Order brand name.

Yeah for sure. I don’t have any issues with it though. The only series I wasn’t a fan of was the LA one.

It’s just a case of Americans still being cautious of just doing one-off miniseries which the Brits and Aussies do quite often. They give these a similar brand name to try and get the audience of those shows in but really if the product is great it should speak for itself.

AMC has renewed Better Call Saul for a fourth season. The show is available here on Stan.

Over in the US on holidays at the moment and there reallly is a proliferation of prime time game shows as new content in the summer off season. Providing the networks with new content as opposed to reruns. Clearly plenty of formats for our networks to consider instead of constantly stripping reality shows.

4 Likes

Love The Wall even if it is just a juiced up version of the old “Plinko” game from The Price is Right. The $100,000 Pyramid is also good for a bit of mindless entertainment while your’re doing other things.

As long as u didn’t watch Boyband ABC I forgive you​:telephone_receiver::grinning:

I have yet to watch battle of the network stars on abc but it reminds me of another show though , name escapes me.

All star family fued isn’t too bad to watch.