US Television

Endemol Shine Latino is making a Spanish language version of MasterChef for NBCU’s Telemundo, and Endemol is making Spanish versions of dance series Strictly Dancing and singing comp Your Face Sounds Familiar both for Univision.
More: http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/endemol-shine-latino-slate-1202429900/

Arrested Development is getting a fifth season.

3 Likes

CBS has axed Training Day and Ransom after one season. It also revealed the schedule for 2017-18 Fall season, in which Young Sheldon (premiering on September 25) will follow The Big Bang Theory on Thursday nights from November 2. There are minor timeslot changes for Criminal Minds, NCIS: Los Angeles and Madam Secretary.

Well this is joyous news

First look at the new Star Trek - in the US the series will premiere on the CBS network, with all subsequent episodes available on CBS All Access. but this is from Canadian cable channel Space. It is listed as a CBS Studios production which is interesting for Australia where Ten currently has the output deal; but that does not include streaming shows?

Doesn’t Netflix have streaming rights everywhere outside USA?

Yes - except that it seems Canada will miss out on that as well.

So glad Netflix has the rights to Star Trek. Looking forward to it.

1 Like

I agree with you - love that show. But I think most people believe it’s run its course and it’s time to pack up as the quality is decreasing.

A couple of CBS trailers

3 Likes

Both these shows seem more ABC rather than CBS. A single cam setup and no laugh track is not what we usually expect from CBS but these series look interesting.

I personally hate The Big Bang Theory but Im going to give this spin off a try as it seems like everything The Big Bang Theory Isn’t.

2 Likes

Totally agree - wasn’t what I was expecting at all.

My Myself and I looks quite good

1 Like

The CW

More CBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9AruhtC0j4

Why did they have to reboot Dynasty? That could have worked as a stand-alone series. I think doing it as a remake of a classic 80s series will be more a hinderance than a help.

Edit: I thought the guy who played Steven Carrington looked really familiar. It turns out he’s an Aussie actor James Mackay who has had a lot of guest roles in Aussie series. And apparently Australian actress Nathalie Kelley plays Cristal. So along with Alan Dale, that’s three Aussies in the cast.

2 Likes

Trial and Error has been renewed by NBC for a second season. It will feature a new legal case and comprise of 10 episodes.

“Megyn Kelly ’s newsmagazine show has a premiere date on NBC: June 4 at 7p, opposite CBS’s venerable 60 Minutes. Sunday Night With Megyn Kelly will have a limited run in summer, returning after Sunday Night Football and the Winter Olympics end in early 2018.”
-Cynopsis

Taking a leaf of channel 7’s book?

3 Likes

Hopefully Channel 7 rename their show “Sunday Night with Melissa Doyle” in light of these developments.