US Television

Some trailers for new US FOX shows

Comedy Sci-fi :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

NBC

Australian networks will mostly be interested in two shows coming in the US next season: The Big Bang Theory spinoff Young Sheldon, and the return of Will & Grace. Given Warner Bros and NBC Universal don’t have output deals with Nine and Seven respectively, these two could pop up anywhere. I reckon Ten should pursue Will & Grace and pair it with Modern Family.

1 Like

I dont think any network should bother with any US show. They treat them like crap and thry dont rate. Let Netflix pick them up

3 Likes

I agree.

The days of US programs getting high ratings on Australian television are long gone. The commercial networks may as well let Netflix have those shows and save the money for some new local programing.

Foxtel will pick up a fair percentage of the new shows.

4 Likes

I think US shows should be multichannel shows.

Stick either of those shows on GO! or 11 in a 7.30pm slot, leave them there and let them gather an audience.

1 Like

Stan. I thought Netflix only picked up older series or commission their own.

Have you not got netflix? They have heaps of american series not by them.

But the majority of Netflix offerings from US FTA networks are not current. There are a few exceptions like Riverdale, but generally the show isn’t sold to Netflix until other OS distribution expires.

Designated survivor and another CW show, Frequency, was also sold to Netflix. Sign of things to come.

2 Likes

Quantico has been renewed for a shortened 13-episode third season, with showrunner and creator Josh Safran exiting.

My god ABC - plenty of stupid decisions recently but that has to be near the top of that list.

ABC has renewed Scandal for a seventh and final season. It was always creator Shonda Rhimes’ plan to end the show after seven seasons.
The broadcaster has made big changes to its schedule in the 2017-18 season. Once Upon a Time moves from Sundays to Fridays as a lead-in to new Marvel show Inhumans. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will also move to Fridays later in the season (it has been shown on Tuesdays since debut). Black-ish goes from Wednesday to Tuesday while American Housewife goes from Tuesday to Wednesday to follow Modern Family.
Grey’s Anatomy will have a spinoff series sometime in the 2017-18 season, a decade after Private Practice. The spinoff will be set in a Seattle fire station.
ABC has also landed the revival of Roseanne (which aired here on Ten in the early 1990s). Roseanne Barr and Sara Gilbert, who were part of the original cast (which will return in the revival), will be executive producers. The revival series will have eight episodes.

This is just awful. One of my favourites. Such a pity.

2 Likes

ABC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtbzQi6c9mM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agZ7_ADYxJM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2203m9WpnU

The Mayor, The Crossing and The Good Doctor joining all the other unimaginitive titles this year: The Brave, The Resident, The Gifted, The Orville, The Awesome Show, The Handmade Project.

Yawn :sleeping:

2 Likes

All these new US shows and no idea when or where they will air in Australia.

Ask Foxtel. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

New Will & Grace trailer

4 Likes