US Television

I’m not convinced that it’s a real person? His post is written like a statement from somewhere.

1 Like

I suspect it isn’t real either.

1 Like

Last paragraph of the article:

Steve Carell’s return to television is eagerly awaited by fans and industry insiders alike. With the collaboration of a stellar creative team, this new HBO project is poised to become a standout series. Carell’s enduring charm and comedic talent, combined with the expertise of Bill Lawrence and Matt Tarses, promise to deliver a show filled with humor, warmth, and memorable moments.

Definitely looks to be AI-generated.

2 Likes

Interesting comparison between networks and to past years of the amount of scripted content on FTA.

In 2024 CBS 64% scripted while ABC is just 21%.

In Fall 2019, 55% of ABC’s schedule was scripted.
Fall 2022, 41%.
This fall? 21%.

5 years ago, 100% of The CW fall schedule was scripted. (12 of 12 hours!) This fall: 33%.

2 Likes

This would have been because of the writers strike no? Just means CBS had more in the can than ABC right?

But they’re talking about next season which wouldn’t be affected by the writer’s strike. There is definitely a move towards less scripted and more reality but maybe the writer’s strike was a trigger for this happening. The networks realised they had success with the reality shows so they just went with less scripted shows for next season.

It feels like they’re catching up with Australia where we have mostly reality shows on FTA and very few local scripted shows screened at all.

1 Like
1 Like

Colin from Accounts won two awards: Breakthrough Comedy Series and Outstanding Performance in a Comedy Series (Harriet Dyer).

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Does anyone know where I can stream Chicago Fire Seasons 10-12? 7Plus stops at 7 and Binge stops at 9 :frowning:

1 Like

It airs on Foxtel One not sure what seasons but i think it’s season nine onwards. Sadly none of the Chicago’s are all in one place.

1 Like
1 Like

In addition due to budget cuts, Seth Meyers “Late Night” ditches its band, the franchise has had one for 40 years since Letterman begun in the early 80s.

3 Likes

An important #FathersDay message from me…WEAR A HELMET ! This week I had a bad accident while riding my bike in CT. I'm doing ok and I’m thankful for all the doctors, nurses and staff at @LMHospital who looked after me but most thankful for my helmet that saved my life. Be Safe pic.twitter.com/UMjaoXGpkc

— Gordon Ramsay (@GordonRamsay) June 15, 2024
3 Likes

Thought this might be of interest

7 Likes

That’s an interesting look. How are the sizes allocated? Are they based on population? Some are bigger than a state and others are just a couple of areas big.

2 Likes

After 3 years on smart TV and VOD, Ion Plus is poised to return to FTA - probably taking over from Defy TV, judging by them posting the same teaser on their socials as Ion did. A July launch is speculated, given Defy’s lack of schedules on the latter beyond the 1st.
https://x.com/DefyTVNetwork/status/1802807186948792596

1 Like