US Television

Oh, NBC’s Fall Schedule Still has The Voice on Mondays & Tuesdays.

1 Like
1 Like

The Rookie and the final season of The Conners have been held back until early 2025.

I wonder how Grey’s will go in its new timeslot.

Just saw a story on Entertainment Tonight about an American version of The Real Full Monty which will be a two hour “event” on Fox in their Autumn. It features Anthony Anderson from Blackish, Bruno Tonioli from DWTS, Taye Diggs and James Van Der Beek.

3 Likes

They can’t even show butts on US TV, nothing interesting about it.

1 Like

Don’t drama series in late timeslots do it. I remember NYPD Blue back jn the 90s used to hit the headlines every time they showed bums in scenes.

1 Like

The CW bosses Dennis Miller and Brad Schwartz said that All American and Walker (both streaming on Stan in Australia) were not in the Fall schedule, but conversations with the studios behind these shows were ongoing.

1 Like

4 Likes

Does CBS not have any autumn sport?

They do, but it’s daytime stuff mostly. Eg. Saturday afternoon College Football and Sunday afternoon NFL, mostly. Some golf in there too possibly, but again daytime stuff.

3 Likes

This is basically it. The main CBS college game is 3:30 ET on Saturday, while their NFL coverage is 1pm and 4:05/4:25 ET Sunday. Golf wraps up on CBS in August (it’s daytime anyway), while their college basketball doesn’t begin until around December.

3 Likes

Any ideas what this show might be for?

Post Production team needed for a follow-doc, family reality series (e.g. similar to The Kardashians).
Experience working with US network preferred.

1 Like

Watching Entertainment Tonight this week and am reminded how Americans have no problem showing violence on television but they have to censor skimpy outfits on women.

Entertainment Tonight had no problem showing the videos of P Diddy bashing his girlfriend in a hotel hallway. I noticed The Project and other news programs in Australia heavily censored the footage and didn’t show the violent punches and kicks.

Then Entertainment Tonight shows women attending movie premieres or the Met Gala but must black out or pixelate cleavage or a revealing slit on a dress. Just ridiculous.

2 Likes

I’d say that’s more to infer that there was more showing than there was to draw greater interest or scandal.

1 Like

It’s not. Americans are very prudish when it comes to nudity or sex but it’s open slather on violence.

4 Likes

Steve Carell, famed for his role in The Office, is making a television comeback with a new role. This return marks Carell’s re-entry into the TV landscape, promising to showcase his comedic talent and charm that made him a beloved figure in television history. Fans are eager to see Carell bring his unique humor and acting skills to this new project, adding to his already impressive career.

2 Likes

Hey mate, welcome to MediaSpy. Care to tell us the project rather than a clickbait blurb?

Is it really a ‘comeback’? Wasn’t he on a Netflix series recently, plus Morning Wars?

1 Like