US News Channels

I haven’t heard Ivankas name mentioned but I have heard Tucker Carlson & Nikki Haley’s names mentioned. I’ve always thought that Presidents should change their running mates. It’s something that George Bush Jnr & Barack Obama considered doing.

Scott Morrison’s state visit to the USA.

1 Like

Screenshots from the press conference via YouTube.

2 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

Obviously they wouldn’t have let that run so long if it wasn’t intentional. Great to see Brian getting a lot of love in response to this considering the flak he copped following the “lyin’ Brian” saga. I remember being struck by his wicked sense of humour when he first joined NBC and filled in on Today. He was always hilarious as a guest on Letterman, also. Still miss him on Nightly News.

4 Likes

It seems MSNBC’s primetime schedule will undergo a significant revamp next year. After some speculation that she would leave the network, Rachel Maddow has reportedly agreed to sign a new deal with NBC Universal which will allow her to develop projects for the company’s range of platforms. However, the other aspect of the deal is Maddow’s five-nights-a-week show is expected to transition into a weekly format sometime next year so that she can focus on her other projects.

This would obviously be a seismic move considering a) Maddow hosts MSNBC’s most-watched program and b) There isn’t a natural successor for her timeslot

If that wasn’t enough, CNN’s Brian Stelter reported today that Brian Williams may leave ‘The 11th Hour’ because he wants to move away from hosting a late-night program. His contract reportedly expires in 6 months time.

3 Likes

When did MSNBC start rebroadcasting Sky News UK? NBC News Now are also doing it.

2 Likes

Since just after the start of the Russian invasion into Ukraine.

1 Like

Heather Kovar said she would not be renewing her contract with CBS affiliate WRGB when it expires at the end of the month.

1 Like

Not just cable news, but probably best place to put this.

https://www.axios.com/2022/07/12/news-media-readership-ratings-2022

Engagement with news content has plunged during the first half of this year compared to the first half of 2021 and in some cases has fallen below pre-pandemic levels.

Why it matters: Americans have grown exhausted from the constant barrage of bad headlines that have replaced Trump-era crises, scandals and tweets.

• Cable viewership across the three major cable news networks — CNN, Fox News and MSNBC — is, on average, down 19% in prime time for the first half of this year compared to the first half of 2021. Those losses skew heavily toward CNN and MSNBC, which are down 47% and 33%, respectively. Fox’s ratings are up 12% in that six-month span.
1 Like

Chris Cuomo is getting back after it again

Not that I’m a major fan, it was silly or CNN to let him go

1 Like

WINK-TV, a CBS affiliate in Fort Myers, Florida, continued to provide reports on social media and other platforms about the extent of damage from Hurricane Ian, even after it was forced to go off air from storm and flood damage.

1 Like

Looks like new O&O graphics are rolling out to CBS Stations bringing them more aligned to the CBS News branding

1 Like

KCBS will air the east coast edition of CBS This Morning live at 4am to 6am PT, then the west coast edition at the usual 7am-9am timeslot.

2 Likes

7 hours of local news!! Good lord. And people complain about too much news here.

2 Likes

It’s an interesting scenario here. Was reading up about it yesterday.
KCBS and KCAL9 are sister stations. KCAL already had a lot of news in its schedule (outside of mornings), and now both stations are essentially sharing the same newsroom/branding for all their news broadcasts (previously were CBS 2 News and KCAL 9 News, now both use “KCAL News”).
I liked the previous set too but the new one is also quite nice.

1 Like

It is interesting how they have worked the lineup for KCAL to be more local focus and KCBS to have more of a National lineup. I see why they choose KCAL News with the connotation of California but as I posted prior San Francisco’s KPIX 5 switching to CBS News Bay Area. I would have thought they would try to standardise KCBS (KCAL as well) more being as they are an CBS O&O station like CBS News Los Angeles.

It’ll be interesting to see how the viewership reacts to the change.

2 Likes