Underbelly: Vanishing Act

What the hell am I actually watching right now?

This franchise has clearly jumped the shark. What a waste of time.

2 Likes

What the fuck was that.

1 Like

Even with an anthology series they could base it off the genre of crime/thriller etc, just have a different premise with different characters in each episode. Maybe 4-5 episodes per series based off a certain theme. Something akin to American Horror Story or The Twilight Zone.

1 Like

Aside from the ending I think the production overall was very well done. Nothing genius but I didnā€™t mind it.

I guess the ending had to be ambiguousā€¦ is she or didnā€™t she. It honestly could be eitherā€¦

The actor who played the ASIC agent though - Phoebe was awful. She was like a robot with her dialogue and the only character who was the letdown across the show.

It could have been/ should have been 1 episodeā€¦.what happened in the second? Very little
And the last 45 seconds on a yachtā€¦ā€¦I was expecting more after the ad break

Gogglebox did a great segment summarising the two episodes of Vanishing Act on this weekā€™s show.

I did notice ā€œA Screentime Banijay productionā€ in the opening titles. I know that Banijay bought Screentime a few years ago, but I think this is the first time the French parent company name appeared on a locally made program.

Another case of an unnecessarily long drama. Agree it should have been a 2 hour telemovie.

4 Likes

ITV has bought the mini-series (3 x 45 minute version) from distributor DCD Rights, and has also commissioned a separate documentary on the disappearance of Melissa Caddick.

1 Like
1 Like

At the inquest into her death, the coroner has ruled Melissa Caddick, subject of Underbelly Vanishing Act is dead.

1 Like